[STUDY] "Spanking is actually BAD for CHILDREN"

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
I found it interesting and after seeing the response on the other board, I wanted to see the responses from people who are like me (black)

cuz I never had a problem with spanking :yeshrug:
I understand that but you know most these nikkas on here gon give you hell.. :ufdup:

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
This definitely happens a lot. But, I would think, as a human, it would kinda be hard NOT to be angry while directly responding to something that defied you. Even if you aren't technically abusing your kid (open hand, on they bottom is seen as spanking) how can you not be somewhat upset while spanking a kid :jbhmm:

I believe that this is where patience comes in. Of course no parent is perfect, and every child is different. So yes I do believe that it is normal to have anger but the physical punishment should be to teach a lesson. For instance, while spanking the child the anger is not controlling me, but instead it is only like 5% of me. I am mad at what you did, but this spanking is not controlled by anger but instead to teach you a lesson.
Something I see is that a lot of parents are mad about where they are in life (career, financially, relationships). They use the child's mistakes or childish behavior as an excuse to take out their anger. I didn't get that promotion at work even though I worked hard. My child spilled apple juice on the brand new carpet by mistake. I beat the shyt out of them. More than likely the parent is more mad about not getting their promotion. I have seen this time and time again.
Others will disagree, but I do not believe that a child should be spanked for silly mistakes like spilling juice, but instead for doing the wrong things intentionally like stealing from mom's wallet, cussing out a teacher (you need your ass checked), running up a cell phone bill, and etc.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
posting this in TLR, you'll get a bunch of 'that's CAC shyt', bible paraphrasing, 'i dont care im STILL beating my kids', 'w-w-well how else an i supposed to punish them', 'my grandmama beat ass, my mama beat ass, and i'll be damned if i dont beat ass'.

I think it should be done sparingly.
yes, from the studies I've read and linked in another thread on spanking it will not destroy your kids if done sparingly.

I say that, because I have seen kids who tend to shyt on that calm, talking, time out approach.
yea, a lot of kids are going to shyt on that, because there are really no consequences. "go to your room where your tv, toys, computer, and video games are and stay there for an hour!" doesn't work, but that doesn't mean 2nd thing you go to is a belt.

if you're your children to experience pain for their fukk ups then have them do this for 10 mins
business-man-standing-arms-open-1571485.jpg

Or these

skimble-workout-trainer-exercise-wall-sit-1_iphone.jpg

they both hurt like hell after a while. And if that doesn't work then take away their privileges, things like tv, video games, playing outside, and being in bed by 8 pm

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not against spanking at all, but if that's your go to form of "discipline", then you've failed. Your children should be well-behaved, have manners and respectable MOST, if not all of the time. If you need to beat them before they display those characteristics then something isn't right.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I'm not against spanking at all, but if that's your go to form of "discipline", then you've failed. Your children should be well-behaved, have manners and respectable MOST, if not all of the time. If you need to beat them before they display those characteristics then something isn't right.

This reminds me of something. When I was in high school we would have school lunch. One mother who was very strict slapped her daughter in the face for throwing away the cereal that she did not eat. I remember thinking WTF . Some parents are out here beating on their kids over nothing.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Would there ever be a reason you would be open to spanking? what if the talking didn't work?

I say that, because I have seen kids who tend to shyt on that calm, talking, time out approach.
i can't really see it. and when kids are that bad that nothing else is working i don't believe that physical violence will work any better than anything else that hasn't worked. how can you say- hitting is bad, but you were bad, so i'm gonna hit you to tell you not to be bad? i don't get that.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
Conjecture: Half these "studies" are created and conducted by people who were spanked once upon a time.

Also, any cac throwing spanking or violence in the bushes is usually a liar. It's inherent that they are violent people through and through and those who decline to be, are usually maladjusted or are deprived of feeling satisfied in some capacity. Denying their nature is a direct conflict of their basic human interests.

#BlanketStatements #ThatGeneralizationTho :takedat::scust:

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
obsessive spankings, and long term spanking (when your child reaches a certain age) and verbal abuse (straight up telling your child how worthless and how much of a burden they are) is what causes the mental health issues and problems, in my opinion.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
obsessive spankings, and long term spanking (when your child reaches a certain age) and verbal abuse (straight up telling your child how worthless and how much of a burden they are) is what causes the mental health issues and problems, in my opinion.
Agreed. The goal of a spanking is to yield immediate correction of unfavorable actions of a child. What you're describing is beyond reasonable or humane and some people think this is how its supposed to go.

WHOOPIN a child (backed up with logic and nurturing) is what people seem to neglect to understand. A BALANCED, OVERALL environment is what matters. Sum of the parts, not this or that alone.

That said, Ted Bundy existed...:sas2:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Spanking is for grown folks anyhow :shaq:
My son got issue he can throw on the gloves and see me :dame: