ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
I’m an old head purist but I disagree. How do you explain afrobeats?!? Or Reggae? Can’t understand a word they sayin but :banderas:

And I haven’t listened to the album yet, but Astroworld :damn:

He/his team are just good enough that an album full of dope beats and melodies works. Just call it another genre and voila you no longer have to worry about lyrical purity

And actually I was just listening to Black Messiah by Deangelo and its always said people can’t understand what he’s saying. He DO be spittin but even if you can’t make it out it’s A+ rhythm, melody, etc
Because it’s got soul. AFRObeats??? AFRO the shyt that ya head grow? Are you even black bro?

Braman huh? :mjpls:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't went back to the Travis album since yesterday

When does the instrumental drops? 🤔

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
he's clearly saying travis is carried by production and isnt actually rapping about shyt

personally ive never listened to travis for bars but there was always a good middle ground between the good production and catchy lyrics/good features ala Birds/Astroworld, Utopia just comes off as overproduced and creatively empty lyrics wise.. it's like an experimental kanye album without kanye's wittiness, charisma and team of writers.. it's missing an ingredient
Was thinking this exact same shyt when I was listening to Utopia

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I actualt believe that why Kendrick is overrated. Is albums sound great with the beats and production. It clouds the fact he has no bars and just yellin gibberish

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Utopia > anything TDE put out the last 3 years

nah-keef.gif