Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nah that was cool. Just didn’t like how nihilistic it was. But at the same time I love the strangers, which is also nihilistic. But I think the strangers had a bit more style to it. I can’t explain completely why one spoke to me and the other didn’t. It’s weird. I also felt like brightburn took some narrative shortcuts to get to where it got. Seems like two conflicting movies
Yeah it looked just aight to me. I'll peep it when it hits the streams. QTs new flick is basically the movie im waiting for.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The original Terminator movie felt like a horror flick low key. They need to go back to that style.
Yeah it totally was like a slasher flick with a sci-fi bend to it.

I wish they'd go back to it too. The T2 formula was dope but they seem to just keep repeating that over and over.

Was really bummed out that this trailer looks so similar to Genesis.

It's crazy because they cannot successfully reboot this franchise in an era where concerns over A.I. are at an all time high. They would really need to think outside of the box, but if they got creative I think there could be a really dope way to do terminator flicks in the 2020's. Hollywood likes to play it safe though so I don't see it happening. This formula is so stale though. They just saw the last Alien flick fail, and then the new Predator flick fail trying for a reboot.

DO. SOMETHING. DIFFERENT. If they had some fukking interns look around for 5 minutes they'd see that we want to see some shyt we haven't seen before and will pay to go see it if it's fresh and new.

Look at the success of John Wick and Deadpool...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
what are we feeling about this? It looks good to me.
I don't think it looks terrible but it honestly doesn't look that different than Genesis.

Also call me a stan for that early-late 90's era of special effects, but I swear the special effects from 1991 in T2 look better than the special effects in this new trailer.

I also think they're choosing such non-intimidating looking liquid metal terminators. This bad terminator looks like a p*ssy. Straight up. The Asian T-1000 in Genesis looked weak too. I get that Robert Patrick as the OG T-1000 didn't look traditionally intimidating, but that was the point. He was supposed to look lean and have menacing and cold looking body movement and facial expressions. He was a dope physical actor even though he had very few lines.

So I don't know if they're trying to pick non-physically intimidating guys to play these liquid metal terminators or what, but all of them since Robert Patrick have been :trash: and not had any menacing screen presence at all.

EDIT: And he's still got it at 60

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I don't think it looks terrible but it honestly doesn't look that different than Genesis.

Also call me a stan for that early-late 90's era of special effects, but I swear the special effects from 1991 in T2 look better than the special effects in this new trailer.

nah it does...shyt looked more real...even the TX from T3 looked a little more real.

CGI here looks...off

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Don't know if this is fake or not, but...there's been several leaks on the internet describing what happens in Terminator - Dark Fate. May or may not be true, may or may not contain spoilers, so tread carefully & take with a grain of salt....

A young John Connor is killed early on in the movie by a Terminator.

The Terminator that killed John decides since it has killed it's primary target, it has fulfilled it's mission & now no longer serves a purpose; ends up being a recluse, staying in a cabin out in the woods, growing old.

Sarah Connor has become a kind of Terminator-hunter, tracking them thru GPS coordinates, hunting them down & destroying them.

The Terminator in the woods is the one sending Sarah the GPS locations of these other Terminators.

In this timeline, the hope of the future & leader of the Resistance is no longer John Connor; it's the girl the human/hybrid terminator is protecting.

The artificial intelligence that threatens humankind is no longer Skynet; it's now called Legion.

Like I said, don't know if all of this is true, if some of it is false or if all of it is a bunch of bs. Guess we really won't know until it drops in November.

Sounds legit.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah it totally was like a slasher flick with a sci-fi bend to it.

I wish they'd go back to it too. The T2 formula was dope but they seem to just keep repeating that over and over.

Was really bummed out that this trailer looks so similar to Genesis.

It's crazy because they cannot successfully reboot this franchise in an era where concerns over A.I. are at an all time high. They would really need to think outside of the box, but if they got creative I think there could be a really dope way to do terminator flicks in the 2020's. Hollywood likes to play it safe though so I don't see it happening. This formula is so stale though. They just saw the last Alien flick fail, and then the new Predator flick fail trying for a reboot.

DO. SOMETHING. DIFFERENT. If they had some fukking interns look around for 5 minutes they'd see that we want to see some shyt we haven't seen before and will pay to go see it if it's fresh and new.

Look at the success of John Wick and Deadpool...
That's what I'm saying bruh.

Alien Covenant was beyond terrible.

The Predator was a fukking joke. I'm still pissed off about that movie. So fukking horrible.

And now they just rehash the same shyt with this new Terminator and I said earlier in this thread that it looks like Genesys.
James cameron is supposed to be balls deep in this and it looks like he just said yeah that looks coo, do dat, I'm over here making 5 Avatars that won't come out for 5 more fukking years. Smh.

Bad casting, dumb ideas and uninspired plot. Recipe for disaster.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Cameron said this movie is the direct sequel to T2...

So what were all the other movies :mjlol:

They just going to pretend like Terminator Genisys doesn't exist:baldhuh:

Aint Arnold get "upgrades" and the liquid terminator stuff in that one...they got him looking like the old 101 model in this:baldhuh: