Terminator: Dark Fate Official Thread

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Cameron said this movie is the direct sequel to T2...

So what were all the other movies :mjlol:

They just going to pretend like Terminator Genisys doesn't exist:baldhuh:

Aint Arnold get "upgrades" and the liquid terminator stuff in that one...they got him looking like the old 101 model in this:baldhuh:

Carpenter did the same w/ Halloween 2018.

That timeline's even worse since there were essentially 3 before he purged that shyt.

Armored Vod 808

Comm Tech
Daps
Reppin
Clan Novoc V.
I dunno. The trailer somehow just doesn't feel like a preview of a real James Cameron Terminator film to me. The trailer looks like any other typical generic by-the-numbers action flick trailer...with elements of a Terminator movie thrown in. I mean...Cameron's Terminator movies were very fast-paced, action oriented motion pictures with memorable characters, good visuals, innovative special effects and a haunting theme of what life what could be like if computers & AI took over the world, coupled with decent performances and iconic quotes (I'll be back, etc.)

But in this trailer, it's like...what others have said. shyt just feels...off. Seems like NONE of what's presented is what you would expect from a Terminator film sequel, set right after Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and made by tha god James Cameron himself. Instead of giving us a classic James Cameron Terminator flick, it's like they're just throwing out this mediocre Terminator-like film, hoping it will be a hit & take off.

Man, I just hate how much the Terminator franchise has just fell off. I thought with Cameron back in control, the series would finally start heading back in the right direction & perhaps maybe give us something we would want to see (a Terminator film showcasing The Future War!) But after seeing the trailer...I just don't see it happening. The trailer is, however, just a preview. So maybe Cameron is playing it smart & holding back, keeping all the good stuff under wraps.

Bottom line, The Terminator put both him & Arnie on the map; if he did this right, Cameron could go out like a G and possibly put out another classic Terminator film that fans would fully support, fondly remember & talk about for years to come. Well, I guess we'll see in November.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Im back purely for old Sarah Conner, she puttin in work.
I dunno. The trailer somehow just doesn't feel like a preview of a real James Cameron Terminator film to me. The trailer looks like any other typical generic by-the-numbers action flick trailer...with elements of a Terminator movie thrown in. I mean...Cameron's Terminator movies were very fast-paced, action oriented motion pictures with memorable characters, good visuals, innovative special effects and a haunting theme of what life what could be like if computers & AI took over the world, coupled with decent performances and iconic quotes (I'll be back, etc.)

But in this trailer, it's like...what others have said. shyt just feels...off. Seems like NONE of what's presented is what you would expect from a Terminator film sequel, set right after Terminator 2 Judgement Day, and made by tha god James Cameron himself. Instead of giving us a classic James Cameron Terminator flick, it's like they're just throwing out this mediocre Terminator-like film, hoping it will be a hit & take off.

Man, I just hate how much the Terminator franchise has just fell off. I thought with Cameron back in control, the series would finally start heading back in the right direction & perhaps maybe give us something we would want to see (a Terminator film showcasing The Future War!) But after seeing the trailer...I just don't see it happening. The trailer is, however, just a preview. So maybe Cameron is playing it smart & holding back, keeping all the good stuff under wraps.

Bottom line, The Terminator put both him & Arnie on the map; if he did this right, Cameron could go out like a G and possibly put out another classic Terminator film that fans would fully support, fondly remember & talk about for years to come. Well, I guess we'll see in November.

Terminator Salvation showcased the war a bit.
Good movies usually hold back in the trailers but I too am also thinking it just might be a bland by the numbers action flick with terminator elements.
Im going to see it purely for the nostalgia aspect though: Arnie still going with his 103 year old self and to see Sarah Conner puttin in work again, she damn near 60 herself. Geriatric greatness awaits.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:lolbron: No I’m gonna chill.....

I’m am interested in seeing how they bring Arnold’s character back after he was dropping in molten steel and they said this the direct sequel
I'm guessing Arnold is not a terminator in this movie, he's the actual dude Skynet used to create the living tissue for the T800 endoskeleton...I think Cameron said something like that a while ago that the dude used for the skin had to have existed...

Anyways I'm not feeling that trailer at all...

Casting looks terrible, Mexinator and LGBT1000 ain't doing nothing for me but giving me Genisys vibes...

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'm guessing Arnold is not a terminator in this movie, he's the actual dude Skynet used to create the living tissue for the T800 endoskeleton...I think Cameron said something like that a while ago that the dude used for the skin had to have existed...

Casting looks terrible, Mexinator and LGBT1000 ain't doing nothing for me but giving me Genisys vibes...

ain't they show arnie in Salvation as some texan they modeled the T800 as

Double J

Banned
Daps

:pachaha: :dead: