That's A Lot Of Loose Skin After 360 Pound Weight-loss

Louisville Slugz

Superstar
Daps
360-pounds-loose-skin-1x1-zz-230613-00e565.jpg

Cole Prochaska once weighed so much that he reached the maximum number his scale could display 585 pounds.
He’s sure he was even heavier than that in 2021 after years of overeating, so he can only estimate his incredible weight loss since then. Prochaska has shed about 360 pounds, all without surgery or weight-loss drugs, he says.

But his health journey isn’t over yet as he struggles with the excess skin left over from his transformation.

“I’m trapped,” Prochaska, 39, a store manager who lives in St. Matthews, South Carolina, tells TODAY.com.
“I’ve lost all this weight and I have muscles, but if I take my shirt off, I’m still self-conscious about all the loose skin. I’ve got loose skin on my legs, so if I try to go running, it’s hard to run. … I have to wear a pant size bigger than I should because I’ve got my skin tucked into my pants from my stomach.”

As he turned to GoFundMe to raise money for surgery to remove the extra skin, Prochaska decided to post a shirtless photo of himself to show the extent of the problem. He called it “probably one of the most difficult things I’ve done in a while.”

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I am a little surprised they usually do the skin removal a little earlier in the process but I am also surprised because the removal is covered by most insurances.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a little surprised they usually do the skin removal a little earlier in the process but I am also surprised because the removal is covered by most insurances.
Maybe thats an option when you go the surgery route? If you lose the weight on your own like he did, then it seems like you have to find a plastic surgeon to remove the excess skin on your own.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Not to be mean, but if he get the extra skin removal surgery, he can't go back to being big again right?

Like he won't have that extra elasticity anymore, so no mistakes right?
It’s not like he was born with extra skin. I’m sure it’d just grow and stretch again. What you think would happen if he got big again? He’d explode?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
by good insurance...dude is in SC, so i'm pretty sure state requirements for insurance providers are pretty low. then you'd have to assume he has good insurance, or insurance at all.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
by good insurance...dude is in SC, so i'm pretty sure state requirements for insurance providers are pretty low. then you'd have to assume he has good insurance, or insurance at all.

You might be right. My aunt got the surgery she dropped 300 lbs and her insurance covered it but she worked for the state of NJ.