The Batman: Ben Affleck Reportedly Wants to Leave the Role

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
that quote wasn't about the script .. it was to stop the fanboys from constantly asking about the solo movie and trynna rush it to the screen ...
he was saying when the script is right we'll make the damn movie...

He could have simply said that. He didn't. What he said led to the precursor of what we potentially have now.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He could have simply said that. He didn't. What he said led to the precursor of what we potentially have now.

true ... but he did say he's sick of being asked questions about the batman ... when we have a script I like then we can talk

I don't think he released the pressure would be so much..
I mean nobody is feeling the kind of pressure he is playing a role in the DCEU except for maybe Ezra... and that's only being of Grant

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
They may need to Flashpoint out of everything after Justice League.
The greatest Deus Ex Machina of modern comic books besides the Superboy Prime punch. They should have used it to completely retune Arrow from the ground up. But hopefully somebody has their finger on the button.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
DC needs to stop rushing it, stop trying to copy Marvel and just build things slowly...:mindblown:

They aren't trying to copy Marvel, they're trying to leapfrog the whole phase 1 process with only Man Of Steel and BvS. High reward, because they would've been right up there with Marvel, neck and neck. Hell, I had more anticipation for BvS than Civil War.

But unless Wonder Woman knocks it out of the park it's a failed project: and I still have little faith in Gal Gadot's acting ability.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
No the writers who give him lines and character development suck, he was good in that spy movie

People need to realize Cavill isn't the problem. His character was poorly written
Yeah took me a few other movies to see he could pull it off. He was actually more of a Superman in that spy movie.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
shame. shame. getting vibes of the joel schumacher era.

DibaaOk.png

Don't you EVER MENTION HIS fukkING NAME NOWHERE NEAR BATMAN AGAIN!!!

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC needs to stop rushing it, stop trying to copy Marvel and just build things slowly...:mindblown:

that makes no sense...if they built things slowly, that would be copying marvel, the very thing you said they shouldnt do....right now, they are following the comics, just like marvel is...which is what both should keep doing....in DC: superman was 1st; after he was known, other heroes that already existed started showing their faces; and then go from there on how they affect the world/their lives/etc...which is fine and they can continue to follow that formula.....

the only thing they need to do is stop fukking themselves up...by that i mean the executives need to either come up with a cookie cutter plan of how they want the films to be, and tell it to all the directors/actors/etc so they can follow it; or they need to leave the films alone and trust what the directors/actors/etc come up with...marvel has gone with the former and it's worked for them...DC has done a lil of both, and while i've liked the movies, it seems most havent, so it means that hasnt worked for them....so they need to pick 1 and stick to it....

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I read what actors have to deal with when filming a movie

Wearing a suit sounds TERRIBLE

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
That is some Kellyann Conway/Sean Spice level of spinning.
It's not really a spin, when Campea said that the rumor should only be taken with a grain of salt before he even said Ben wanted to leave. He pre-warned us that it was just a rumor and shouldn't be taken seriously.

You can't blame a dude of giving a flimsy scoop when he tells you upfront that it's a flimsy scoop.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Here's the problem, so the Studio comes out and says "Everything is fine blah blah blah". What happens if Ben ended up leaving after that statement? WB would be in bigger trouble then they're already are.
if everything is fine they don't have to worry about Ben leaving :jbhmm:

If the rumors are ridiculously false and everything is peaches and cream it'd be quite easy to dismiss the rumors and keep it moving