The Batman: Ben Affleck Reportedly Wants to Leave the Role

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Honestly I still like Keaton and Bale better. If the rumors are true then I'm fine with Ben just being in the "Justice League" movies, that would of basically gave him a Defacto Batman Trilogy if you throw in his appearance in BatsVSupes but I'm hearing they courting Matt Reeves or other directors so Hopefully they definitely make it work. I knew something was wrong when Ben just randomly said he wasn't directing. So then I wondered if the directing decision was tied to his "Live my Night" under performing recently at the box office. Yes Ben is awarding winning critically acclaimed director and he dropped 3 pretty good films on his resume. But this was his first misstep and Warner Bros does have a deal as he last three films were released from that studio plus he's acting in the DC Universe. What I don't know is if they will risked a huge property like Batman with him coming off flop like that. There is a huge box office expectation for a Batman Solo film at the box office.

Ben Affleck's Domestic Box Office as a Director
Date Title (click to view) Studio Lifetime Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Rank
12/25/16 Live By Night WB $10,340,353 2,822 $33,336 4 4
10/12/12 Argo WB $136,025,503 3,247 $19,458,109 3,232 1
9/17/10 The Town WB $92,186,262 2,935 $23,808,032 2,861 2
10/19/07 Gone Baby Gone Mira. $20,300,218 1,713 $5,501,406 1,713 3

Lifetime Gross Total (4): $258,852,336
Average: $64,713,084
Opening Gross Average (3): $16,255,849 (Wide Releases On

Say what you will about Synder's quality and or execution, he does have a lot of big box office hits under his resume. His films have made 2.5 Billion Worldwide at the box office with WB. After both "Justice League" films, He will be long past 3 Billion. So being the skeptic I am sometimes, I see them saying "He doesn't want to direct". OK, even If believe that (I don't), now rumors are floating he wants out completely? I'm not even saying I believe Campea Sources but I do believe there is drama clearly. Ben should just do the "Justice League" trilogy if he doesn't want to do the Batman solo. Then they might have to take some time and reboot down the line. Honestly if that happens they should probably get an up and coming young cat just like they did with Henry with Superman that can grow into the role. Again I think Ben did pretty good in BatsVSupes and I wouldn't be mad at a Batman solo but if he leaves that's unfortunate. At the end of the day for me it does nothing to the Legendary Batman Films by Nolan and Burton.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Been saw this coming..
giphy.gif

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Loved Ben Affleck, and would definitely reflect badly.

However the movies have been piff (2/3 at least) and there's plenty of people who could be dope Batman's :yeshrug:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
All these rumors don't come out of thin air:stopitslime: where's there's smoke their is fire
Ben played batman amazing well in bvs:stopitslime:
DC never looks good if wonder women flops best believe justice League will as well:camby:..everything is resting on wonder women now

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yes.... like breh said.... where there are smoke there is fire.

Like it's crazy how cats earlier about were all "bu bu bu but it's a grain of salt rumor, the writer known for telling lies"

Well other more credible sites are starting to pick up on it and talk radio speaking on it. Hell it came up on the Dan LeBatard show and they did a poll asking did people even like Ben and 61% said NO.

Not saying that makes this more credible but it's kinda been eerie that DC and Ben both ain't came out with an immediate statement denouncing this.

When that happened in other places the star in character later made MANY statements and appearances saying he wants to continue.

Martha

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How old are you? As a kid at the time I loved batman forever.

And as a kid I hated Batman Forever....:rudy:

Too Cheesy, too corny, too colorful.... it was like an updated 60's version with it's own adam west bullshyt. Riddler was too ocd and Two face was too hammy overdoing it...

I loved the burton movies... :mjcry: batman is supposed to be dark, violent, unforgiving... batman doesnt talk much he's a man of action and doesnt broadcast what he's doing.

:camby: batman forever...

I will say this there are bright spots in the movies... Such as the soundtrack. Chris O Donnell playing Robin wasn't a bad choice. I also noticed in the second one they quietly gave him the nightwing emblem suit :leon: