The Clipse grew up middle class, no struggle but gravitated to the drug game ... is this common?

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
51 secs

Now I play the drake fan roll on here but I’m separating this from all that. Honest discussion... Niccas went from pool in the back living to running shyt in Virginia ?

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes. I grew up with nikkas like this. I come from a working/middle class background, and I know several brehs who got caught up in the drug game and prison. The entertainment industry sells us this bullshyt image of ourselves, and so many of us buy into it, thinking we need to be that. Furthermore, the chicks love it. Low-key, this is the reason why lots of people do it. That d-boy lifestyle brings fast money, popularity, and adventure. I've seen nerdy brehs transform into d-boy types overnight, and have hella h0es. However, pretty much all of them have spent time in prison, and have trouble getting their lives back on track.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yes, I personally know 2 suburb nikkas that just got out within the last 10 yrs from catching bodies. They’ll both tell you they always felt they had something to prove :francis:.

shyt is sad and I’m glad they woke up.

Last edited:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yes. I grew up with nikkas like this. I come from a working/middle class background, and I know several brehs who got caught up in the drug game and prison. The entertainment industry sells us this bullshyt image of ourselves, and so many of us buy into it, thinking we need to be that. Furthermore, the chicks love it. Low-key, this is the reason why lots of people do it. That d-boy lifestyle brings fast money, popularity, and adventure. I've seen nerdy brehs transform into d-boy types overnight, and have hella h0es. However, pretty much all of them have spent time in prison, and have trouble getting their lives back on track.

Kinda makes the angle that ppl get into the drug game because of poverty is some bullshyt. Sometimes it’s just greed to get money fast :yeshrug:

And why do people in hip hop like to clown rappers for not really coming up from the bottom, being from the ghetto if it’s so common ?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

This. shyt is just :yeshrug:

And the parents are just so disappointed to find out when their kids do it because many of them are unaware until their kid gets caught or they see them buying lots of shyt they know they normally can't afford.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
:jbhmm:would this even be a thread had Pusha not dissed :heh:

really makes you think

Lol

giphy.gif

My conclusion to this thread will be that niccas don't REALLY care their struggle rappers really come from the struggle. It's music