The fact Juice Wrld freestyled OFF THE DOME not one by twice for an hour needs to be talked about more

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
Maybe it’s because I’m from Virginia and we are like all rappers here ironically lol.

I literally have projects on my bandcamp that are all freestyles off the dome for real. I always thought that stream of consciousness rap was a form of art that captured a snapshot of your mind at the moment. There is so much art in rap to me as a form of expression. I liked to freestyle music because I would even surprise myself at how my subconscious took advantage of the moment to speak. I take freestyling seriously as a talent and was disappointed to see it reduced to written rhymes over instrumentals. We lost something when that happened in my opinion. Maybe this makes me an old head now lol. I just turned 40 lol. I’ve been here in these boards one way or another since I was 22 smh

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the sake of contrast.. OG rappers forgetting 30 yrs old raps and improvising with freestyles

This is also pretty cool but not super impressive. If you look at the views it looks like Juice Wrld's talent hasn't gone unrecognized at all. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember peeping these and being crazy hype for music from him. Only for him to go allllllll the way left field. Dude followed the dumb it down advice to a T, and became incredibly popular.

Even after death people love his work. Crazy how much raw talent dude had that he basically only executed in freestyles.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listening now and this is pretty good. Certainly, not super impressive. Would you put Juice Wrld (RIP) over Los or Charles when it comes to freestyling?

Charles was on another level.

Straight alien status.

I still listen to his old music randomly and catch bars I missed, and dude was like 19/early 20s dropping gems.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps

Straight alien status.

I still listen to his old music randomly and catch bars I missed, and dude was like 19/early 20s dropping gems.

Damn, what happened to Charles :ohhh:

I remember he was highly regarded on sohh. Lost his mind or something.

Daps

Straight alien status.

Agreed on all accounts. Charles was ahead of his time in many ways, and the mainstream landscape in the early 2010s would have played out differently if he was able to keep it together.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dude was dope.

Plus I think it has to be said.

juice world was his maijevent draw. In his own commercially viable subgenre.
Juice world was his own commercially digital emo organic consumer marketed genre.

Which many people do not do.

originally or organically.
Plus create some type of headline draw.
foiled from a digital pioneering time.

or event in the marketplace.

:salute:

To juice world.

Only young nikka to do the gateway mat.
Then study.

Plus give props to out here.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Agreed on all accounts. Charles was ahead of his time in many ways, and the mainstream landscape in the early 2010s would have played out differently if he was able to keep it together.

Straight alien status.

Are y'all his digital street team.

He got served.

Was a complete amateur off the head.
Plus self imploded and ruined his draw even further.

Simple as that.

He was an only a matter of time. before he got served.
for flodging eight mile lie style artist.
Stop trying to create revisionist history here.

Not on mek watch.

Art Barr

Daps
Are y'all his digital street team.

He got served.

Was a complete amateur off the head.
Plus self imploded and ruined his draw even further.

Simple as that.

He was an only a matter of time. before he got served.
for flodging eight mile lie style artist.
Stop trying to create revisionist history here.

Not on mek watch.

Art Barr

This is undeniable. If you feel Charles is/was incompetent, what would you consider the present landscape?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is undeniable. If you feel Charles is/was incompetent, what would you consider the present landscape?

Even worse.
Yet I am still able to competently predict who a label should stick a rocketship too. As far as marketing and pr to better maximize sales.

Charles hamilton was never a potential draw. Past plant label semantics to get past his less than favorable social perception.
Along with being an also-ran mediocre talent.

Hamilton is a just one of the numerous eight mile Influenced gateway artist. Who had the luxury of being present because of the trickle down gold rush drawing effect from eight mile. Now turned mass exodus from the impact over time in declining draw from eight mile.

Art Barr

Daps
Being able to tap off the dome was a prerequisite to calling yourself an MC. You couldn’t say you were a rapper if you only wrote for real. Or you kept that shyt to yourself lol. It’s cool that a younger artist can do it but it wasn’t long ago you had to be able to do it.
I’m glad that is over because there’s dudes who write very well and make great music who can’t go off the dome. That’s an unnecessary barrier to entry I get the competition aspect and paying dues but some people want to just tell there story without obstacles and hurdles like trying to prove yourself in a cypher or freestyle battle.