The Fix is a 7/10 album at best, and it's high time we acknowledge this

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not a bad album, it's just nowhere near as good as what people wanted it to be. Now I remember why I revisit this album the least.
Nobody with any sense thought this was an all time classic album at the time.We were just glad to see Scarface hang in the ring with the new generation.I think the Source gave it 5 mics and thats what started all the fuss.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Overrated album with a then heavy roc a fella cosign.. It's easily digestible for his non southern fans, ya know those on the east coast...It's one of their go to southern rap albums:mjlol:

Real talk it's one of the ones they use like "see..I don't hate all Southern Rap"

Reminds me of when white people pull the "i have a black friend" card.

Daps
The Faith Evans track is dope:wtb:

The other two tracks you have a point and I like that you're analysis is detailed it's not just sa one sentence thread with no logical reason to why you think it's overrated

but I used to think the Fix was face best Album until I went through The Diary properly and realist it's the Goat face Album one song on it is a little weak for me beat wise. Untouchable was dope too I need to go back and listen to both.

Daps
i disagree, this is a classic album. If anything this was def better than God's Son which came out the same year and the production def counts as a major force on that, which album doesn't?? :mjlol:

Ye's classic beat on this alone should've been the deciding factor. Yall forgetting Ye also produced In Cold blood and co-produced Heaven. Man i'm done with yall, this was Ye at his prime in producing :what:

CLASSIC :hubie:
Ye's production was good as anyone's back then including the GOATs preemo and Dre.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
in cold blood and my block will never get tiring.

source gave 5 mics as they always overrate everything that sounds east coast, while heavily underrating the rest of the music. A south legends making an album with east coast sound? That's like a dream for source :mjlol:

not his best album but it's higher than 7/10

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it got overrated when it dropped but its still 8/10
This is the correct answer

Wasn't a classic 5 mic album, but still really dope with a few highlights

Last of a dying breed was also 8/10 albeit a totally different SOUNDING album. Face came thru hardbody on both of em tho, naturally

I'd rank The Diary, Untouchable, Emeritus and MADE (in no order) as his top albums

Last edited:

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah fam i disagree. Thats one of Faces best albums.

Ill agree its not his best as i think Diary and Untouchable is better.

But u spot on that psycho/dark face is the best scarface
You (and many others) need to listen to Emeritus and MADE more

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Solid 4/5 album, Source started trolling with their 5/5 ratings from 2000 when they gave Eminem 2/5, Stillmatic 5/5, The Fix 5/5 and on. Having stans force people to agree, cause Benzino and the jewish culture vulture from Harvard said it :mjgrin:.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We can go deeper: it's overrated because it's Face's most east coast accessible album. He got NY to truly give a fukk with his weakest effort in years, which tells you what you need to know about NY and marketing and bullshyt. Who knew all a southern breh had to do was drop his version of I Am and all the critics would love you in New York, to quote Prince.
:mjgrin:

Wanna be casually entered into top 15 lists by grimy ass New York cats? Rap over some weak beats and r&b hooks, talk about God, rap about speaking to the president, and you good. Now you know why Andre 3k is never on New York cats' top 15 list but Scarface is. This the only album they listened to from him.
:troll:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
I don't see a problem with this.

If I'm listening to a Face album front to back its either the Diary or The Untouchables.

The fix isn't in my rotation at all

Last edited: