The Get Down - Cancelled By Netflix

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Wish it could've stuck around, it didn't need that type of budget tho to be good. Kinda annoyed that this is gone and the breaks isn't quite hitting the mark either. Like cage was wack too...i really need some black shows asisde from power

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
190M on 12 episodes. Not surprised.
Thought the first part was horribly corny...watchable but corny...but it got a lot more real in the second half....that last few episodes were really good TV. But almost 200 mil? :beli:
Luhrmann has always blown budgets, but $190M for 12 episodes... I don't even see where they could have spent that much money on this.
Where are you guys getting 190 from? The article says 120.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
qzez46jpg.gif

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Its weird that Netflix can always throw money around like this. But its kinda messed up that the shows that got cancelled for them spending two much money were PoC shows (Marco Polo, Get Down).
I get why though, they were too high on budgets but I feel like they could still cook with a better producer/director than Baz

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The universe just corrected itself. It violates the cosmic laws for the aging King Nasir to take too many W's.

[Plus] fukking Nicki Minaj
[Minus] Show cancelled by Netflix

Equilibrium achieved.

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Cadillac and Shaolin actually become really cool and do the drug thing big together. Maybe he gets knocked and snitched on Shaolin or something.
Cadillac most likely left the end of season 1. He felt like it was a facade. None of the shyt around him was his. His mother ran everything and he wanted something of his own so he wanted to focus full time on his record label. :ehh:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
The show just didn't seem to connect with audiences, unfortunately. There was almost no talk about it, especially in comparison to shows like Stranger Things and Luke Cage. And then you see that budget, and it's not a surprise.

Still, it sucks to see diverse programming fail. The show wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
From just hearing about the cancellation, my first thought was hella over budget. I'm not sure Netflix can really handle production costs of shows this expensive - not yet at least. Then there wasn't much WOM about the show, not to the fanfare of the others. This is something that Starz should have had, because after Vinyl, I doubt HBO would've taken another chance at a music period piece.