JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I haven't listened fully yet and my first inclination is to disagree (I think it is mostly untrue, but there can be a shred of truth to it when you think about the Black radical tradition or the global popularity of cultural forms derived from people of African descent), but it sounds like an interesting argument on its face. :jbhmm:

The Idea of Black Culture
What can we say about the idea of 'Black culture' today?
Hortense Spillers

“Black Culture is critical culture. And if Black culture is critical culture… perhaps it hasn’t really come about yet. Perhaps it is an event to come, as the idea of critical culture matures. And related to that idea is the notion that today Black culture is not limited to an ethnic group or ethnicity. It is a critical position taking across the racial divide, or lines of race. If that’s true, anyone can take up the culture, can study it, can be part of it. I think the assertion of that idea hasn’t been possible very long…

If what I am suggesting is correct, and anybody can belong to it, than that would certainly mean not all Black people are part of Black culture. If it is a critical posture…”

Daps
There are no cultures that are derived from Africa globally...and yes black culture is not rooted to a specific ethnic group since its just a general statement the same as saying white culture. Black American culture is a different story tho.