The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
On ring night, you get to watch the champs get their rings and bust your ass again
Denver better pray they remain a top 3 seed. Missing some key pieces and that championship hangover hit hard

Murray ain't gonna shoot like he did against the Lakers again

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Denver better pray they remain a top 3 seed. Missing some key pieces and that championship hangover hit hard

Murray ain't gonna shoot like he did against the Lakers again

Uh huh, keep telling yourself that. The lakers better hope that now everyone is game planning against Reaves and Rui that they can actually perform. Better yet you better hope Anthony Day to Day Davis can play at least 60 games.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My favorite thing about this shot is the aftermath. Jamal turning and looking at the bench as Tristan Thompson and Malik Beasley hit the surrender cobra, the gasps from the crowd. Man, I can’t wait until ring night and the nuggets bust their asses again.

I'm still trying to figure out how this was counted as a three. The nikka clearly jumps from the right foot back to the left foot, but the right foot never gets established out of the arc before the shot leaves his hands.

This shot is cap.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I'm still trying to figure out how this was counted as a three. The nikka clearly jumps from the right foot back to the left foot, but the right foot never gets established out of the arc before the shot leaves his hands.

This shot is cap.

:what: It is literally a step back 3, you see his right foot next to his calf before the ball is released and he is clearly behind the arc

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:what: It is literally a step back 3, you see his right foot next to his calf before the ball is released and he is clearly behind the arc

Watch it again:

KxTJwHt.gif

Jokic starts the shooting motion jumping with the right foot still inside the arc and it NEVER touches the ground outside of the arc. This is a two point shot.

A step back three looks like this:

giphy.gif

9hKN.gif

1.gif

In each one of these examples, you'll notice that the player establishes two feet behind the arc before jumping for the shot. If you begin the shooting motion INSIDE the arc, it's a two. This is why Durant's shot was counted as a two when his foot was on the line, because one foot technically leapt from inside the arc, which is exactly what Jokic's did.

When you're playing 1 on 1 or 21, we have to clear the ball with both feet. It's the same principle. Jokic jumps from his right foot and never brings it down OUTSIDE the arc-- it's still airborne as he jumps from his left foot.

The incredible awkwardness of the shot confused the refs (hell, the league) and they counted it as a three, when it's factually a two point shot

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Watch it again:

Jokic starts the shooting motion jumping with the right foot still inside the arc and it NEVER touches the ground outside of the arc. This is a two point shot.

A step back three looks like this:

giphy.gif

9hKN.gif

1.gif

In each one of these examples, you'll notice that the player establishes two feet behind the arc before jumping for the shot. If you begin the shooting motion INSIDE the arc, it's a two. This is why Durant's shot was counted as a two when his foot was on the line, because one foot technically leapt from inside the arc, which is exactly what Jokic's did.

When you're playing 1 on 1 or 21, we have to clear the ball with both feet. It's the same principle. Jokic jumps from his right foot and never brings it down OUTSIDE the arc-- it's still airborne as he jumps from his left foot.

The incredible awkwardness of the shot confused the refs (hell, the league) and they counted it as a three, when it's factually a two point shot

No he is in the midst of a gather when he is inside the arc he begins his shooting motion when outside the three point line making it a three. KD’s foot was literally on the line when he shot which is why it was a two.
The nba has already ruled on this before this game too with this Dwayne Wade game winning three

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No he is in the midst of a gather when he is inside the arc he begins his shooting motion when outside the three point line making it a three. KD’s foot was literally on the line when he shot which is why it was a two.
The nba has already ruled on this before this game too with this Dwayne Wade game winning three

I like the Wade example you brought up-- I don't think that was a three either.

NBA's rules are far too open to interpretation, and even in cases like these where it's clear neither should have been counted as a three, the judgement of the officials is what can determine the outcome of a game.

I urge you to again watch the Jokic shot in slow motion, slow it down even further if you have to. Both his hands are up in the shooting motion at the point in which his right foot leaves the ground. To illustrate the point I'm trying to make, if Davis fouled him at the point his right foot leaves the ground, they would have called that in the "act of shooting", and rewarded him TWO free throws not three.

The Durant example is precisely why these examples (Wade and Jokic) should not have been considered threes. Think about it-- what you are saying is that as long as Durant's foot that was on the line comes off the line first, it should count as a three. That has NEVER been how the NBA interprets the rule. It's always been "where you leapt from", and in the Jokic example, he leapt from INSIDE the arc.

Look at this image, and imagine the free throw line is the three point line. What you are saying is as long as this person leans back and his right foot comes off the ground FIRST, it should count as a three.

serious-young-basketball-player-going-throw-ball-while-standing-by-white-line-court_274679-3998.jpg

This has NEVER been the case on any level of basketball ever, and somehow we are arguing over this. It's crazy to me.

This reminds me of when Harden started the silly "gather" conversation when we all know he's been travelling for years on that step back shot. This is dumbing down the game.