The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
b/c this lifeless animal cg style sucks. it's impressive for a couple minutes than you realize it's ultimately pointless...

... but in fairness i haven't seen the movie, so i won't push that narrative too far yet. from all trailer it sure seems that way though

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Yea they could have a billion dollar budget and will never be able to capture scenes like I Just Can't Wait To Be King.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
b/c this lifeless animal cg style sucks. it's impressive for a couple minutes than you realize it's ultimately pointless...

... but in fairness i haven't seen the movie, so i won't push that narrative too far yet. from all trailer it sure seems that way though
So the little boy in Jungle Book is the main reason that movie got a 95% :patrice:

Maybe the film is trash, but I get the feeling they're probably being harsher because the OG was a classic.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Is "Be Prepared" in it though?
They changed it, but it's in. I dig the new version personally.

Can You Feel the Love Tonight is good, but you can tell Gambino is trying his damnedest to keep up with Bey.

Hakuna Matata tho......

It's:trash:. Gambino and the kid playing Young Simba do their part, but Rogan and the other dude are terrible.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Be Prepared sounded tough to me :ehh:

Can't lie, but just off the strength of the song.....Chiwetel would have crushed it as Killmonger. Got damn :wow:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I'm honestly shocked Lion King is so low. They had one of Disney's greatest - arguably THE greatest - films to work from. Turning in something at least decent should have been a layup.

shyt is gonna make a billi tho. Easy.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well I don’t believe in critics, and sometimes Coli critics, so ill have to wait until majority user reviews...

My girl still wants to see it though so I probably will Sunday/Monday.