The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
So this problem of being stiff and unable to translate the liveliness of animation and exaggerated humanistic expression into live action animals seems heavy. I wonder then how the Jungle Book captures expression well for audiences but the Lion King and Mowgli don't.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
So this problem of being stiff and unable to translate the liveliness of animation and exaggerated humanistic expression into live action animals seems heavy. I wonder then how the Jungle Book captures expression well for audiences but the Lion King and Mowgli don't.

I think they altered the faces in jungle book to lool more human..which is why they were able to capture the emotion.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think the there's an uncanny bias towards these remakes. Because almost every negative review is derived from the notion that these movies are unwarranted and unneeded.

The voice acting is fine, music is stellar, visuals are stunning but the biggest complaint is because the animals... look like actual fukking animals

Its Its too realistic for these grown ass people that want stylized smirks and sexual "Come fukk me" glares from Lionesses
anigif_enhanced-26098-1423523804-8.gif
:dead:

nikkas dont know what they want

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the there's an uncanny bias towards these remakes. Because almost every negative review is derived from the notion that these movies are unwarranted and unneeded.

The voice acting is fine, music is stellar, visuals are stunning but the biggest complaint is because the animals... look like actual fukking animals

Its Its too realistic for these grown ass people that want stylized smirks and sexual "Come fukk me" glares from Lionesses
anigif_enhanced-26098-1423523804-8.gif

emoting is a big part of any film, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to remove this aspect, if I wanted to watch lions being lions, I would watch animal planet

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
emoting is a big part of any film, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to remove this aspect, if I wanted to watch lions being lions, I would watch animal planet
But nobody complained about animals lack of emoting with the Jungle Book. So I guess it's a lose/lose situation then :yeshrug:

I mean its no different that movies like Dr. Dolittle

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
It's because there was a human interacting with the animals so people were getting their "emotions fix" from the kid

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Raimi made Crawl breh? I gotta see it now, I liked the trailer but I was like nah maybe when it come to streaming

Executive Produced it. I remember his name flashed up every time the trailer came on so I at first thought he directed. I wish he would get back in the director's chair though. :to:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
It's because there was a human interacting with the animals so people were getting their "emotions fix" from the kid

Yup having Mowgli in there drew your attention away from animals in many scenes. Plus Bears and Monkeys give you a little more leeway I guess, so they had a couple other animals to draw from. Lions being angry is about the only thing I can sense :russ:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Surprised to see its got a rotten score after the initial feedback on twitter a couple of days back praising it