The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
So this problem of being stiff and unable to translate the liveliness of animation and exaggerated humanistic expression into live action animals seems heavy. I wonder then how the Jungle Book captures expression well for audiences but the Lion King and Mowgli don't.

Mowgli was fire

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
That and Jungle Book had a human character to anchor the drama.

Yeah you're rightm.im suprised they didnt throw in a white kid in this new film..to be the animal's saviour..unlock some cages of the trapped animals (that they would throw in the movie lol)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
y'all give critics way too much credit and only do it when it's convenient for your agenda. i always say you just have to judge for yourself.

critics bashed aladdin but audience loved it and critics loved the last jedi yet audience hate it. gotta stop giving these critics so much power. i saw one critic that was posted here give the movie 1 star. a 1 star should be given to movies that are the worst ever and you're telling me this is the worst movie you've seen? shyt is a joke. and some user reviews are just dumb too. ppl really complaining about having too much CGI when it's clear from trailers it's all CGI? and saying it's the exact same story so giving it a low score? wtf you expect from a remake.

i'm sure this movie will finish with a score around 6 by critics and audience will give somewhere between 7 or 8. these remakes are made for kids and is an introduction to the essential disney movies. when a lot of kids are at disneyland they don't know much about the lion king, aladdin, jungle book, dumbo, winnie the pooh, pinocchio or peter pan. they mainly know frozen, moana, toy story, monster, incredibles, coco, cars and marvel. i'm not a big fan of the new star wars installments but i accepted that these weren't made for us 90s baby. same goes for these remakes.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Facts plus they dont future screening n partys
Yup. I'm not even implying they're paid off, you're just on a high. big hollywood premiere, all the stars, free food/booze. i'd probably be more inclinded to "like" a shyt movie if i had to give my instant reaction on twitter b/c all that other shyt would be swimming in my mind.

you rarely hear those first reviews destroying a movie, even bad ones. If they hate the movie, it's still pretty tepid

people like to whine that Disney buys critics, but it's more of an indirect thing, "here's a great night on us." it's smart.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
emoting is a big part of any film, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to remove this aspect, if I wanted to watch lions being lions, I would watch animal planet
Pretty much. The reviews that I read said the lack of emoting takes away from some of the more impactful moments of the movie like Mufasa death.

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

Im sorry but :laff::laff::laff: at Mufusa's fall

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo this entire movie is trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IS THIS

them clowns at disney threw all the budget signing Beyonce lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

burn this movie with acid

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Pretty much. The reviews that I read said the lack of emoting takes away from some of the more impactful moments of the movie like Mustafa's death.

Mustafa ??? when did Mufasa fall off pride rock and become an akhi ???
E2OAH1c.gif