The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't see what was so bad about Beyonce. She sounded like fukking Nala to me. I think people just turned her into a stigma to just hate on. And I think yall just hate her accent.

Her voice acting sucked. She's a poor actress in general and shouldn't have been cast for that role. Don't see what's hard to understand about that.

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Saw it last night good movie good effects beyonce sound like a southern woman my daughter like tge og one better because she didnt lije them cutring down the songs.... I like the new verson better scar looked evil and the animals looked good

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
saw this last night, didn't have the soul of the original but the voice acting wasn't as bad as I expected it to be other than it was like watching a foreign movie dubbed in English, or we were watching different people narrate a nature documentary. The animals mouths just opened and closed and there was no emotion in the animals faces. I get why they did it but it's impossible to show emotion without expression.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
IT WAS COOL

PRETTY MUCH EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OG .. DAMN NEAR WORD FOR WORD

I SEE WHAT CATS IS SAYIN BOUT THE ANTI-CLIMATIC NATURE OF SOME OF THE SCENES COMPARED TO THE OG THO

STILL AN ENTERTAINING FLICK REGARDLESS, JUST NOT CLASSIC AS MOST OF US EXPECTED. ALADDIN WAS BETTER.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Been wanting to see this since it was my favorite movie when I was a kid. I think my mom brought me to the theater 3 times. I just havent had time since I'll be working 22 straight days, and I'm on day 15. After I'm done with all that I'm httin the theater for nostalgia purposes

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Her voice acting sucked. She's a poor actress in general and shouldn't have been cast for that role. Don't see what's hard to understand about that.
Most of the voice acting was sub par outside of James earl Jones the gawd. Disney's idea of getting huge stars to do voices was fukking stupid. Voice acting is difficult to do. The more I think about this movie the more wildly mediocre I realize it is.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BEYONCE WAS HORRIBLE.

IVE NEVER SEEN A PERSON
BUTCHER A fukkING CARTOON ROLE.

WE LAUGHED EVERYTIME SHE SPOKE.
:devil:
:evil:

Just saw this movie. There was absolutely nothing wrong with beyonce. She just had the most recognizable voice. She was much better than whoever voiced grown simba.

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
So Disney basically just hustled this out with black stars to push it as a black movie? Mufasa and Scar were played by two actors with top 10 goat hollywood voices

Def my favorite cartoon movie....although Toy Story 1 is prolly the GOAT children's flick.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Just saw this movie. There was absolutely nothing wrong with beyonce. She just had the most recognizable voice. She was much better than whoever voiced grown simba.

THATS THE POINT...

YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A RECOGNIZABLE VOICE.

SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ACTING
NOT SOUNDING LIKE SHE WAS AT AN UNPLANNED AUDITION READING THE LINES AS BEYONCE.

DONALD GLOVER WAS SIMBA
AND HE DIDNT SOUND LIKE DONALD GLOVER.
:devil:
:evil: