The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THATS THE POINT...

YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE A RECOGNIZABLE VOICE.

SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ACTING
NOT SOUNDING LIKE SHE WAS AT AN UNPLANNED AUDITION READING THE LINES AS BEYONCE.

DONALD GLOVER WAS SIMBA
AND HE DIDNT SOUND LIKE DONALD GLOVER.
:devil:
:evil:

If that was Donald Glover then he was worse than beyonce at reading his lines. Nobody was terrible though. It was all well done and enjoyable.

There is nothing wrong with a recognizable voice. That has nothing to do with acting. James earl Jones was more recognizable actually. I recognized seth Rogen pretty quickly too. All of them sounded like themselves. Thats the point of using popular people. The donkey in shrek is literally just Eddie Murphy talking normally and it was a great performance.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
If that was Donald Glover then he was worse than beyonce at reading his lines. Nobody was terrible though. It was all well done and enjoyable.

There is nothing wrong with a recognizable voice. That has nothing to do with acting. James earl Jones was more recognizable actually. I recognized seth Rogen pretty quickly too. All of them sounded like themselves. Thats the point of using popular people. The donkey in shrek is literally just Eddie Murphy talking normally and it was a great performance.

Right.

Like Jones don't sound like jones

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i enjoyed it. film was beautiful. i dunno maybe b/c lion king isnt as much my era, plus not even a top 3 disney film for me. i thnk alot of the complaining is nitpicking and bandwagon hopping. this was better than jungle book and beauty and the beast.

:yeshrug:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed this flick.

No complaints really other than Bey’s voice acting and the abbreviated “Be Prepared” song.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it today and i now i understand when i was younger why the OGs would shyt on any remake and say go make a new classic fakkets.

The faces obviously just looked dead eyed.hakuna matata and the opening were the only good songs. The emotional parts from the OG didnt hit on this one. If u change those parts then what really is the fukking point? Once they failed on the mufasa in the sky part i just fell back and Accepted that this isnt my lion king

:yeshrug:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, it was the voice performances and the way they did or didn’t animate the CG. When you’re doing a cartoon, you can get the characters to emote. Eyes can move and be expressive and their faces can do a lot. But with the photorealistic CG they used here, there’s no emoting at all. So when mustafa is about to meet his end, he looks kinda cool about the whole thing rather than scared and seeing the horror in the cartoon. So the movie comes off as flat and all the emotion it produces is based on the emotion the other movie produced 20 years ago.

U said what i was thinking perfectly! The mufasa/simba scene after the hyena fight didnt hit any of the emotional parts of the OG. The look on simba’s face when he steps in his fathers foot print. Fear in mufasa eyes when he said he was afraid of losing him etc

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:russ:

Man real shyt. Go see it for yourself. Don’t just go by what we’re saying. If you want to see it then see it. Form your own opinion

Man i aint paying for a movie thats been getting bad reviews. Thats why im asking on here :dahell: