Essential The Mental Health Thread

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz
My temper and anger is getting out of control. I got myself suspended for the ps network from cursing people out on tekken 8 online. :snoop: got suspended til next week. Gonna go on a tolerance break started this Friday. Gotta chill out
Don't know old you are but definitely do not let videogames fuk up your steelz playboi.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know old you are but definitely do not let videogames fuk up your steelz playboi.

Im turning 2 years away from 40 years old this year. :snoop: im feeling more embarrassed at myself the more I think about it. Im losing my temper over a video game. :mindblown:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
ADHD has ruined my life and living at all for me and I honestly don't know how much longer I can go on like this. Never being smart enough, easily forgetting things, never being able to pay attention, never just being normal like everyone else and never fitting in.

I knew at a young age something was wrong with me, but I thought I could go the rest of my life not paying attention to it and making money from working odd jobs whether in construction, warehouses, etc. would eventually outweigh my mental illnesses. Like yeah, I may be retarded but I can still work and make a decent living for myself because I don't want kids but, it's hard brehs. I'm still a Carpenter in the union, but I'm leaving the trades altogether soon with no backup plan. Life is just hard living with whatever is wrong in my head and I'm exhausted.

:mjcry:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
ADHD has ruined my life and living at all for me and I honestly don't know how much longer I can go on like this. Never being smart enough, easily forgetting things, never being able to pay attention, never just being normal like everyone else and never fitting in.

I knew at a young age something was wrong with me, but I thought I could go the rest of my life not paying attention to it and making money from working odd jobs whether in construction, warehouses, etc. would eventually outweigh my mental illnesses. Like yeah, I may be retarded but I can still work and make a decent living for myself because I don't want kids but, it's hard brehs. I'm still a Carpenter in the union, but I'm leaving the trades altogether soon with no backup plan. Life is just hard living with whatever is wrong in my head and I'm exhausted.

:mjcry:
Bro, I also have ADHD too. Don't call yourself retarded. Just because we have neurodiverse symptoms doesn't mean we're defective human beings.

Just like you, I also went through inattentiveness, mood swings, inability to focus, misplacing things, and forgetfulness.

My ADHD was worse in High School. I was roasted a lot for my hyperactivity. My brain is more chill now since I cut off the excess sugar. Caffeine is said to increase alertness and improve attention

Diet plays a role in our ADHD symptoms. This is what I found.

• People who eat high-sugar and high-fat diets are more impulsive, based on a 2017 study in Plos One.
  • Foods such as gluten, dairy, and sugar cause inflammation, which decreases blood flow to the brain.
  • Eating more lean protein and high-quality fats generally reduces impulsivity by stabilizing blood sugar levels and supporting the prefrontal cortex (PFC). Brain SPECT imaging studies at Amen Clinics show that low activity in the PFC, which is involved in focus and attention, is common in people with ADD/ADHD.
  • Multiple studies have shown that frequent consumption of artificial dyes may worsen irritability, and hyperactivity and disturb sleep in children.
  • In a study in the journal European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 70% of ADD/ADHD children showed greater than a 50% reduction of symptoms on an elimination diet. This clearly shows that food intake can make ADD/ADHD symptoms better or worse.
Let me know if you have any questions.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Bro, I also have ADHD too. Don't call yourself retarded. Just because we have neurodiverse symptoms doesn't mean we're defective human beings.

Just like you, I also went through inattentiveness, mood swings, inability to focus, misplacing things, and forgetfulness.

My ADHD was worse in High School. I was roasted a lot for my hyperactivity. My brain is more chill now since I cut off the excess sugar. Caffeine is said to increase alertness and improve attention

Diet plays a role in our ADHD symptoms. This is what I found.

• People who eat high-sugar and high-fat diets are more impulsive, based on a 2017 study in Plos One.
  • Foods such as gluten, dairy, and sugar cause inflammation, which decreases blood flow to the brain.
  • Eating more lean protein and high-quality fats generally reduces impulsivity by stabilizing blood sugar levels and supporting the prefrontal cortex (PFC). Brain SPECT imaging studies at Amen Clinics show that low activity in the PFC, which is involved in focus and attention, is common in people with ADD/ADHD.
  • Multiple studies have shown that frequent consumption of artificial dyes may worsen irritability, and hyperactivity and disturb sleep in children.
  • In a study in the journal European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 70% of ADD/ADHD children showed greater than a 50% reduction of symptoms on an elimination diet. This clearly shows that food intake can make ADD/ADHD symptoms better or worse.
Let me know if you have any questions.
I used to agree with you Breh, but I am retarded. I struggle with daily tasks that normal ppl don't and that diet lists you put right there just made me more depressed than I was before. I'm never beating this shyt and I'm getting really sick of it.

I feel like crying right now honestly.

Edit: welp the tears are coming.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone know any good career options for people with mental illnesses/learning disabilities?

I'm in my late 20's and I'm not doing any trades/construction anymore (I tried that).

What about a becoming a PE teacher? You don't need any credentials to become one, just need a clean record.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Crazy another person i know told me they had thoughts of Suicide. I can count 10 people in my lifetime who had done it or contemplated it.

Please remember, we have a National Suicide Hotline "988".

US

CAN