The most anticipated game of the year releases in exactly 1 week: Is your body ready?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When a game like cuphead is considered a major release, you know your company is in serious trouble. I don't see how Microsoft can keep this up. Imma give them 1 more year. 2018 is a make a break year for them, IMO. If they don't perform well with the initial release of One X, they need to fire that idiot in charge.

But yes...can't wait to play cuphead :mjgrin:

Pretty much. Microsoft and it's stans only give a shyt about this game because they have no AAA games to talk about.

If this was the 360 gen dudes would be like 'fukking super nintendo games :russ: ' when talking about games like Cuphead.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Pretty much. Microsoft and it's stans only give a shyt about this game because they have no AAA games to talk about.

If this was the 360 gen dudes would be like 'fukking super nintendo games :russ: ' when talking about games like Cuphead.
I'm a fan of both systems, as I'm a fan of the industry itself, and not the companies. I want both to do well, because that ultimately benefits the consumer. Competition also benefits the consumer. So if Xbox can't compete, Sony becomes the sole dominating force in the market, which means we are restricted to what Sony wants to give us. Fortunately for us, it looks like Nintendo will challenge Sony, but they aren't their main competitors. Nintendo serves a niche market where both Ps4 and the switch can both be owned by the consumer, without eiter truly hurting the others sales. IMO the switch is NOT a home console. They can say whatever they want, but they market it as a portable console that plays LIKE a home console. Thus, Sony still remains just about the sole dominating force in the home console market, which is BAD for the consumer. It's looking more and more like what Spencer is trying to do with the Xbox is cross over to the PC world, so that they can tap into that market and take some of their consumers. What this means is they are slowly trying to back out of the home console race. Why? Because they don't believe they can beat Sony any more. They are trying to figure out how to pave their own niche in the home console market by making hybrid PC/home console machines. They think by doing this, they might be able to redefine the home console industry and then revolutionize it. But to me this is a stupid fukking strategy. Xbox isn't competing BC they aren't good enough or because Sony can't be challenged, but because they keep making dumb fukking mistakes and not giving the consumer what they want. All the consumer wants is good games; yet, they also want good games that follow the benchmark for how good/great games should be: great graphics, good storyline, a open forum where a player can make a plethora of decisions that allow them to control the game the way they want to, etc. Cuphead does not do that. Cuphead looks like a fun game that will probably be great in it's own right, but it is not a system seller. It is not a Xbox one s or xbox one X system seller. Does every Xbox game have to be a system seller? No. But since they don't currently have one, featuring a game like cuphead as your major holiday release is extremely troublesome. Microsoft can give the people what they want and make those kinds of games--they just dont want to. It appears to me that they lack innovation, and miss the boat on the true incentive to being innovative: bringing in new customers, which brings in revenue.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Ultimately, Microsoft is selling themselves short (pun intended) by taking short cuts, those shortcuts being that they are following current PC and Mobile gaming trends, thinking they can capitalize on them. That's just playing the short game, that's not playing the long game. It's akin to trying out a get rich quick scheme. I truly worry about Microsoft's future. I guarantee that the Xbox one X won't sell well this Christmas. And I guarantee they won't release enough high quality exclusives to keep up with the monster year Sony is going to have in 2018. I truly believe Phil Spencer is going to get fired or step down over this xbox one X failure that is about to happen. And when that happens, I believe Microsoft will pull the plug on their home console endeavor. They dug themselves a deep hole with the original Xbox one, and now they're digger themselves even further with this Xbox one X fiasco.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
You mentioned Mario, and you're surprised/giddy you got a dap for that :what:

You ever hear the phrase "easily impressed"?

I don't need dap, didn't make this thread to get "dapped" :mjlol:
I already made a thread asking for your 3 most anticipated games. Go check it, check all the answers. I fully understand how fanboyism works :ufdup: I also know how reality works, the results are what I expected. The results cannot be denied either.

Cuphead
Multiplats
Mario

And it's in that order because there are not enough Switches in the wild :win:

I'm not hating, just keeping it real. I been playing Mario since Mario bros. I played super Mario in the arcades :old: at a people's drug. I have kids of all ages, baby, Jr.high, high school, college. So gaming and the likes of Mario has always been around in my life :handshake:

I don't need Mario to be explained. What I can tell you is Mario alone is not enough. Especially in today's age where attention spans are at an all-time low. 2weeks after Mario, the switch becomes a weed plate again until the next Nintendo exclusive you care about drops. They not all great either. I love them, but Metroid other M for instance was hated on. Mario mansion was hated, I didn't LOVE the galaxy series and new super Mario was a cash grab.

You can give all that a pass and act like Nintendo's shyt don't sometimes stink, but the reality is nobody playing Nintendo right now. Not today, not on the coli.com.

What game y'all playing, Splatoon? Arms? SF2? What??? This is real questioning, what are you playing today or are you playing "the waiting game" :francis:
switch is gonna become a weed plate why ? because u say so ? lmao cmon fam foh with this shyt...ppl that got their switch play that shyt religiously like they have been since launch...u think cuphead gonna outsell mario or beat it for GOTY title ? u dont gotta tell me about ya mario stories b we all got em...all im sayin is Mario >>> Cuphead lol @ u tryna vault a new IP over the GOAT video game character shame on u as an OG nikka shame on u...:hhh:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Players unknown battleground already over 10 million PC sales though :ld:

Cuphead will sell ... how many copies you think :jbhmm:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
switch is gonna become a weed plate why ? because u say so ? lmao cmon fam foh with this shyt...ppl that got their switch play that shyt religiously like they have been since launch...u think cuphead gonna outsell mario or beat it for GOTY title ? u dont gotta tell me about ya mario stories b we all got em...all im sayin is Mario >>> Cuphead lol @ u tryna vault a new IP over the GOAT video game character shame on u as an OG nikka shame on u...:hhh:
Not many people have a switch, facts. Another fact, most people who named Mario don't even have a switch

Because of that, Cuphead was named the most. Why? Once again, not many switches available worldwide yet

Thats all I'm saying, Cuphead could end up being some shyt. You defending Mario like if :leostare:Well, you know Mario never gets the p*ssy. I figured he might be :wrist:
nikka said naruto watchers :russ:
Oh that hurt some feelings :mjlol:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Courtney, you have a legitimate sense of humor, that comes in so nicely. I think you gotta get paid to write. I'm being serious. The coli shyt is us just talking, bsing, and having fun with games. Only the neebs on the forum don't understand.

buy chill on your "crazy conspiracy," aliens abducting up. Please, it's lowering your power if you keep that up. Just a friendly reminder