The NAACP will ask Black athletes to turn down scholarships to Florida colleges. your thoughts?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

NAACP Urges Student Athletes to Reconsider PWI Universities in Florida Amidst Dismantling of DEI​

College Campus Building - Daylight

March 11, 2024

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow. Serious ask.
Lots of other states that would need scrutiny.
That said it would be a great political move, but I dunno if it would happen.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

NAACP is asking student athletes to avoid attending schools in Florida​

News4JAX The Local Station​

Mar 13, 2024
The NAACP is asking student athletes to boycott Florida. This request comes after the state required all public universities to ban or eliminate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) curriculums

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
What is defined as a DEI curriculum? Would Chinese Studies count? If a school offers a class on the works of Mark Twain, then why would a class about the works of Langston Hughes be considered DEI curriculum? Colleges offer classes on all kinds of random stuff. I went to a college that offered a class called, ' Jesus in Film' (Amazing class btw)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What is defined as a DEI curriculum? Would Chinese Studies count? If a school offers a class on the works of Mark Twain, then why would a class about the works of Langston Hughes be considered DEI curriculum? Colleges offer classes on all kinds of random stuff. I went to a college that offered a class called, ' Jesus in Film' (Amazing class btw)

Desantis signed SB266 into law in May 2023. If you look up the wording, it would show directly what they define as DEI curriculum