The NBA In-Season Tournament Reward Should be HCA

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌡480🌡623🌡520
dont give a shyt about the in season tournament. Let players get their lil extra bread though. That other shyt like HCA, playoffs spot, etc is what the games are for. You wanna increase interest...stop making random ass games at all days and times of the week. Market this shyt better.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Why would the fans ever care about random regular season games with zero stakes?
and yet last night I ran to see if the Sixers vs Wiz was a tourney game :unimpressed:
I also want to see what's the deal with these crazy floors they play on
If nikkas don't care then don't watch, most yall don't care already. What bad is it if the NBA can create marginal increase in interest by literally doing nothing but giving a slate of existing games a new name with a cash prize
it's pretty much all upside with the potential for it to become something

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Max players gets >$500k per regular season game

So if they play in the "Reg Season Championship" which is not a regular season game, they actually get a smaller game check than in the Reg Season

And if they play in the champs but lose its even less

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people obsessed with the incentives "mattering". These are just regular season games at the end of the day
So far the players care, and as time goes on *maybe* the fans will care too. I think we will be surprised at the energy surrounding the single elimination portion of the tourney
So why not just make the entire season a series of repeating in season tournaments for cash prizes?

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing worse than the in-season tournament is the paid posters on here like "who doesn't just want to see some high intensity basketball in November on some fun courts with all your favorite players wearing cool Nike City Edition jerseys (check my sig for a link where you can purchase yours, uh, homeboys 😏 this is a rap board right?)

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree home-court advantage + a higher chance of getting a lottery pick.
Incentivize winning basketball during the regular season
and
Disincentivize losing basketball by changing the lottery pick probability:
-making it even across the board for all teams that didn't make the playoffs + in-season tournament winner OR
-making it even across the board for the bottom 4 team + in-season tournament winner