The NBA In-Season Tournament Reward Should be HCA

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Prize Pool

For the 2023-24 season, the In-Season Tournament prize pool will be allocated to the NBA players on the teams that participate in the Knockout Rounds as follows:

• Players on winning team of Championship: $500,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Championship: $200,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Semifinals: $100,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Quarterfinals: $50,000 each

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Prize Pool

For the 2023-24 season, the In-Season Tournament prize pool will be allocated to the NBA players on the teams that participate in the Knockout Rounds as follows:

• Players on winning team of Championship: $500,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Championship: $200,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Semifinals: $100,000 each
  • Players on losing team of Quarterfinals: $50,000 each
That is NBA chump money. If the winning team ain’t making a $1 Mil each they ain’t gonna play

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That is NBA chump money. If the winning team ain’t making a $1 Mil each they ain’t gonna play
While I agree, making the games count in the regular season is incentive.

As is a free trip to Vegas And a trophy on the line. These are very competitive people.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Used to be you had to watch what was on when it was on or you missed it...couldnt even get up to piss unless it was a commercial. Times change. Peoples attention spans have never been shorter and their options for entertainment have never been greater.

Beyond that the NBA has done this to itself. Used to be an 82 game marathon of a season and then a sprint of a postseason. They kept adding teams and rounds to where the actual participants became :manny: about the regular season. All those where done to get fans more invested btw. If they arent gonna cut games, rounds, or playoff participants you gotta do something to make a random game in November matter and no colorful courts, cute commercials, and random trophies aint gonna do it.

I hear all of that, but that seems to be catering to casuals more than anything. I understand that the NBA has to do that for financial reasons, but if you're really a fan a game in November is as important and interesting as one in March. I mean it's the same teams, same game, same rules, and both games count as much in the standings. I mean how can you be a fan of the game and be bored after two weeks of NBA basketball :dead:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear all of that, but that seems to be catering to casuals more than anything. I understand that the NBA has to do that for financial reasons, but if you're really a fan a game in November is as important and interesting as one in March. I mean it's the same teams, same game, same rules, and both games count as much in the standings. I mean how can you be a fan of the game and be bored after two weeks of NBA basketball :dead:
Every business is focused on the casuals. Like I said, the shyt they are trying to counteract was directed at casuals. Diehards are gonna be there regardless. But its harder to be a diehard as you get older and have more going on or see the business for what it is and get :scust:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Tournament is good but these cats play for April- June. Honestly only way the NBA is gonna have these players on same page is to cut the season down but that wont happen.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On realgm they're calling it the
"regular season games on tuesdays and thursdays in november 2023" title.
:russ:
HCA?
Only thing the team that wins this is getting is a new commissioner

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Send the winner to the Finals and revamp the actual playoffs to where whoever wins out of that plays the team that won the mid-season tournament for all the marbles.