The Official 2019 New York Mets off-season thread: Steve Cohen NOT buying team; Team still for sale

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
So basically, Jeff and Fred Wilpon never really wanted to sell the team. They just wanted to spend someone else's money.

Hoe behavior
This comes down to 50 plus years of bad parenting. No one ever told Jeff no, he never worked for a thing in his life, and this is the end result, he ruined a 2.6 billion dollar payday for his family, ruined the hopes of every Mets fan out there, and I know I'm not the only one, did a permanent number on their love of the game. fukk Jeff Wilpon today, tomorrow, and for all eternity.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just saw on the ESPN ticker that Jessica Mendoza has resigned as Mets advisor cause she got a contract extension with ESPN.

Why are the Mets paying people for these nonsense roles? :why:

I don't think she ever gave the Mets any valuable advice :why:

They could have used that money to sign a minor leaguer or some shyt :why:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

They were absurd to think he was going to pay 2.6B and not touch it for five years. He would have been an owner in name only with none of the benefits.

From the time that the reports came out that he was in line to buy the team, that was the one thing that made everybody go :dahell:

It was a foolish clause from jump

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When it was announced that's what they told the public. Why even agree to that if it isn't your expectation?

They also wanted him to give Jeff pay raises each year and keep the perks he had as owner. They were going to use him as an ATM. Cohen needs to break the NDA and expose what really happened.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I just saw on the ESPN ticker that Jessica Mendoza has resigned as Mets advisor cause she got a contract extension with ESPN.

Why are the Mets paying people for these nonsense roles? :why:

I don't think she ever gave the Mets any valuable advice :why:

They could have used that money to sign a minor leaguer or some shyt :why:

team is a certified joke and fighting the Knicks tooth and nail for the WOAT franchise in the city.

that Mendoza shyt was a head scratcher from day one. Maybe they were trying to pander and be on some girl power bullshyt but she added NOTHING to the table.

In just a matter of weeks this team has stumbled into threw dumb moves that add nothing to the product on the field: Cohen stepping off, Beltran the cheater getting fired and Mendoza moving on.

There are little league teams with better organizational tact then these fools.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They also wanted him to give Jeff pay raises each year and keep the perks he had as owner. They were going to use him as an ATM. Cohen needs to break the NDA and expose what really happened.
I'm saying when the deal was announced that the Wilpons would remain in control for five years was part of the announcement. Cohen had to OK that stipulation in the public press release about the sale. Why agree to that if you don't mean it?
All the shyt with Jeff is stuff just coming out now about why the deal isn't happening. But Cohen agreed to this five year grace period.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
team is a certified joke and fighting the Knicks tooth and nail for the WOAT franchise in the city.

that Mendoza shyt was a head scratcher from day one. Maybe they were trying to pander and be on some girl power bullshyt but she added NOTHING to the table.

In just a matter of weeks this team has stumbled into threw dumb moves that add nothing to the product on the field: Cohen stepping off, Beltran the cheater getting fired and Mendoza moving on.

There are little league teams with better organizational tact then these fools.
Dude get the fukk out of here. You really don't want me stinking up the Yankee thread cause I will gladly oblige.