The Official 2019 New York Mets off-season thread: Steve Cohen NOT buying team; Team still for sale

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm saying when the deal was announced that the Wilpons would remain in control for five years was part of the announcement. Cohen had to OK that stipulation in the public press release about the sale. Why agree to that if you don't mean it?
All the shyt with Jeff is stuff just coming out now about why the deal isn't happening. But Cohen agreed to this five year grace period.

No, he agreed to them staying on. He wasn't aware he had ZERO say in operations. He was ok with Jeff hanging around. He wasn't going to agree to terms which effectively froze him out. There's a huge difference between staying on and staying on and still maintaining owner/GM roles.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No, he agreed to them staying on. He wasn't aware he had ZERO say in operations. He was ok with Jeff hanging around. He wasn't going to agree to terms which effectively froze him out. There's a huge difference between staying on and staying on and still maintaining owner/GM roles.
If you agree to let Fred remain controlling owner and Jeff Chief Operating Officer how can you misinterpret what that means? You may have say but via title the buck stops with them. And Brody is the GM his role is not a part of this negotiation.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you agree to let Fred remain controlling owner and Jeff Chief Operating Officer how can you misinterpret what that means? You may have say but via title the buck stops with them. And Brody is the GM his role is not a part of this negotiation.

Apparently that's what he did. He didn't ask for SNY. Just the team. No one will pay $2.6B for the team. They do need to sell if the Times report is to be believed. They're against the MLB debt cap. They can't afford to run the team.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also, you had some people reporting he'd take over immediately as his share would have increased to 80%.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Apparently that's what he did. He didn't ask for SNY. Just the team. No one will pay $2.6B for the team. They do need to sell if the Times report is to be believed. They're against the MLB debt cap. They can't afford to run the team.
Yeah, just saying that's Cohen's bad if he expected different.
I really don't care, I hope they sell but if they don't I won't lose any sleep and still be a Mets fan. To now turn on the Mets out of frustration is just weird to me. You were a Mets fan all this time with the Wilpons owning the team but now you can't take it anymore cause they almost did what you wanted? Uh OK. :yeshrug:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I'm sad because I was already spending Cohen's money, but what can I say; like the homie Hyman Roth said in Godfather 2, "this is the business we've chosen".... I'm a Mets fan from birth. I may wish evil things upon Fred and Jeff right now, but come opening day, I look forward to kicking it with the homies Gary, Keith and Ronnie

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Dude get the fukk out of here. You really don't want me stinking up the Yankee thread cause I will gladly oblige.

:russ:

don’t get upset because toddlers can do a better job running this organization. You know the whole thing is a disaster when Jessica Mendoza put in more work for y’all than Carlos Beltran. I take it she will not have her jersey retired? :usure:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

don’t get upset because toddlers can do a better job running this organization. You know the whole thing is a disaster when Jessica Mendoza put in more work for y’all than Carlos Beltran. I take it she will not have her jersey retired? :usure:
Laugh now cry later. :francis:
"You fukked up, you fukked up bad, I don't even know shun."

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Or Mets mantra....... “Cry now, cry later, cry eternally”
giphy.gif

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

No but I know she has been in Yankee stadium covering a game before so she's probably due her own Yankeeography by now right?

:camby:

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
gotta wait for that Mets Classics on SNY with her first. According to Francesca, they are working on the Mendoza Rotunda in time for opening day. Can’t wait!
Fantastic! I just heard another check swing clear the right field fence in "the stadium". She must be taking BP.