Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, based on comments Oda has made over the years, I think the ending of One Piece is going to be a surprise.

He's said on multiple occasions that the ending of One Piece, and the final chapter in particular, will be unexpected and he can't wait to draw it.

Also that Ace's death is nothing compared to what'll happen at the end (take that how you want :sadcam: ).
he said the bolded in terms of action and scale, which is obvious.

That doesnt mean tons of main characters are gonna die nor is Luffy going to

Protagonist dying aint nothing new imo :yeshrug: maybe if this ended before shyt like game of thrones and attack on titan went mainstream it would be more of a surprise to the average reader

shyt even spike dying in bebop takes the shock away from stuff like that happening in anime/manga
idk why your comparing the two, OP and AOT only share the commonality of being shounen.

AOT roots itself as a horror political thriller mixed with some supernatural elements

while OP is a fantasy adventure. even if OP ended it was never going to be like AOT nor vice versa.

OP's climax isnt going to be as gloomy, politically grayish as AOT. Nor vice versa

neither series is anywhere close to being alike. The tone, atmosphere, worlds, etc are on two opposite ends of the spectrum with these two.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
he said the bolded in terms of action and scale, which is obvious.

That doesnt mean tons of main characters are gonna die nor is Luffy going to

idk why your comparing the two, OP and AOT only share the commonality of being shounen.

AOT roots itself as a horror political thriller mixed with some supernatural elements

while OP is a fantasy adventure. even if OP ended it was never going to be like AOT nor vice versa.

OP's climax isnt going to be as gloomy, politically grayish as AOT. Nor vice versa

neither series is anywhere close to being alike. The tone, atmosphere, worlds, etc are on two opposite ends of the spectrum with these two.
Because situations like ace dying isn't some huge deal imo. In the world the characters feel that, but as a reader i've seen that before so it isn't super crazy to me. No shyt they arent the same genre my guy i wasnt saying they were at all

I named stories that have popularized big characters dying to say that even if other people in one piece die in the end, death in itself doesnt make it some super surprising plot twist. I dont live in that fictional world so the fictional impact of these things is whatever to me.

My overall point is there's only but so many ways to end a story, so expecting one piece to come up with some unexpected way isn't realistic. We could all come up with the broad stroke theories of how it's gonna end and probably get it right, we'd only miss on the details.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Orochi...

source.gif

I haven't hated a One Piece villain this much in a long time. Oden took that boiling like a true man, and Orochi still moved the goalpoasts around and killed him anyway. Can't wait to see Orochi's comeuppance.
When Oden died like G for his crew... :to:

We still haven't seen Denjiro in the present day yet. He's the only one, too. :jbhmm:

I just realized that we also haven't seen the Strawhats since around chapter 955-ish. I miss my crew :mjcry:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The bad thing is, considering this is One Piece, he'll probably just get sent flying or something. :beli:

I can't think of one important villain that Oda has ever actually killed off. All the East Blue villains, Croc, Wapol, Enel, CP9, Spandam, Moria, all the Marines Luffy fought, Magellan, Hody, Caesar, Doflamingo, the Vinsmokes, The Big Mom Pirates...all them nikkas still alive. Every one of them. And the majority aren't even in jail.

Man you just spouting off them names and me remembering exactly who you are talking about is something I'm struggling with when reading Demon Slayer. I can't remember none of them dudes names. I can barely remember the main characters actual name.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This chapter :banderas::banderas::banderas:.

I called Denjiro madd long ago and the reveal still paid off. The whole damned chapter hit. I can't wait to get back to present.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
One piece Stampede was glorious:blessed:
Shows luffy still not strong enough but is making good progress but his willpower is his greatest strength
:damn: boa Hancock she on some tsunde shyt with speed didnt know she was that damn strong

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Shows luffy still not strong enough but is making good progress but his willpower is his greatest strength
:damn: boa Hancock she on some tsunde shyt with speed didnt know she was that damn strong

Are the movies canon?

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps

Finally a Samurai design that isn't toilet water. Musashi vibes :wow:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Who are the strongest characters at this point??

Currently -- Admirals, Emperors, Dragon, Kuzan and Mihawk are certified Top 10. Right under them I'm slotting characters from the older generation - Garp, Sengoku and Kong. There's unknown variables in Im and Gorosei -- though if Shounen blueprint is any indication Im might end up being Top 3 status. All Time -- Roger and Whitebeard remain the pinnacle. As for the generations -- Roger, Whitebeard and Kaido dominate the respective eras as the strongest.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Glorious? :patrice:

shyt is pure fan service that despite its frantic pace is somewhat entertaining right up until the main villain reveals his Devil Fruit and the story practically comes to a complete halt for a good 30-40 minutes or so until they do the big team-up fight at the end.

The fights they have are pretty damn good but with a boring villain and non-existing plot I found it pretty underwhelming. Only real time I felt I was watching One Piece as One Piece should be was the handling of Usopp (and the pay-off especially), as well as Hancock's swooning over Luffy. Because those were the only times the characters acted appropriately in relation to who they are.

And for each of those genuine moments they had undercooked encounters such as Crocodile and Robin meeting for the first time since Alabasta, which barely got acknowledged let alone used to create a character moment (like showing Robin's growth since Alabasta).

This was actually my first OP film and I'm happy I got to see it in theaters but they could've done way better than just throwing one hundred characters in it and do nothing meaningful with any of them.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Glorious? :patrice:

shyt is pure fan service that despite its frantic pace is somewhat entertaining right up until the main villain reveals his Devil Fruit and the story practically comes to a complete halt for a good 30-40 minutes or so until they do the big team-up fight at the end.

The fights they have are pretty damn good but with a boring villain and non-existing plot I found it pretty underwhelming. Only real time I felt I was watching One Piece as One Piece should be was the handling of Usopp (and the pay-off especially), as well as Hancock's swooning over Luffy. Because those were the only times the characters acted appropriately in relation to who they are.

And for each of those genuine moments they had undercooked encounters such as Crocodile and Robin meeting for the first time since Alabasta, which barely got acknowledged let alone used to create a character moment (like showing Robin's growth since Alabasta).

This was actually my first OP film and I'm happy I got to see it in theaters but they could've done way better than just throwing one hundred characters in it and do nothing meaningful with any of them.

I gave a 8 out 10 why I said glorious isn't cuz of the plot its cuz it maintain its status quo of luffy cant do it on his own and that he still ain't on them yonko level
Usually we get movies or shows and dudes are god tier quickly and luffy is getting stronger but still has a ways to go to be fighting and winning 1 on 1 against people like kaido shanks and blackbeard
I was afraid they were gonna do that in movie
Hell hancock got a better hit on him than luffy did before he was weakend

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I gave a 8 out 10 why I said glorious isn't cuz of the plot its cuz it maintain its status quo of luffy cant do it on his own and that he still ain't on them yonko level
Usually we get movies or shows and dudes are god tier quickly and luffy is getting stronger but still has a ways to go to be fighting and winning 1 on 1 against people like kaido shanks and blackbeard
I was afraid they were gonna do that in movie
Hell hancock got a better hit on him than luffy did before he was weakend
Yeah, they handled that aspect pretty well especially with the end emphasizing that Luffy got the Pirate King mentality.

His finishing blow was crap though. Completely uninspired. :francis: