Essential The Official "All Things One Piece" Thread (The Final Saga Has Started))

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Kanjuro :pacspit:

Glad to get back to the present though. Enough backstory, time for Kaido and Orochi to get the beats :birdman:

• Dap
Reactions: No1

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Unless the scantlation I am reading is poorly translated -- that was terrible execution of a plot twist. Especially considering his masterful espionage record. Man said let me publicly and without provocation snitch. If there isn't a Sweet Commander or Calamity or Numbers involved in the ambush -- this was TRASH. Considering (a) these Scabbards were capable of confronting and stalemating them. (b) There's a Fishman who on land -- where he's weaker -- was bodying Headliners. I understand Samurai have poor navigation and sea abilities -- which is all the more reason for Kanjuro to have STFU until they got shot. However, knowing Oda they'll twist this and reveal they knew he was the traitor. Outside that stupid scene, ending scene was good -- please let Kid rip ships apart with his EM, do it for mandem Oda.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Unless the scantlation I am reading is poorly translated -- that was terrible execution of a plot twist. Especially considering his masterful espionage record. Man said let me publicly and without provocation snitch. If there isn't a Sweet Commander or Calamity or Numbers involved in the ambush -- this was TRASH. Considering (a) these Scabbards were capable of confronting and stalemating them. (b) There's a Fishman who on land -- where he's weaker -- was bodying Headliners. I understand Samurai have poor navigation and sea abilities -- which is all the more reason for Kanjuro to have STFU until they got shot. However, knowing Oda they'll twist this and reveal they knew he was the traitor. Outside that stupid scene, ending scene was good -- please let Kid rip ships apart with his EM, do it for mandem Oda.
I’m very confused as to what you’re getting into at but maybe I haven’t been following clearly. I don’t even remember all these dudes catching up to each other. I thought Luffy didn’t know where he went.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps

The translation you read was probably poor. Orochi told Kaido his traitor was loyal and would not stop acting until he's told to stop. Kanjuro told Kinemon he would have continued undercover but Orochi told him he should stop and bring back Momonosuke since Kaido wants to ask him something. Kanjuro had no reason not to reveal himself since his job was complete and he was returning to Orochi.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
I’m very confused as to what you’re getting into at but maybe I haven’t been following clearly. I don’t even remember all these dudes catching up to each other. I thought Luffy didn’t know where he went.

Kinemon served as envoy between Samurai and SH and helped make preparations to attack Onigashima. Scene switches to Scabbards getting together to enact their two decade along vengeance. However, upon arriving on the coats its empty of support and bombarded by whats seems to be an attack. In this desperation a 25 YEAR flashback is triggered to explain WHY this pained them. As soon as the Flashback ended we jump to this weeks chapter. Where Kanjuro is revealed as the Snitch -- Orochi had sent a naval force to intercept the Scabbards -- Supernova M3 arrive in the nick of time to save them. Now lets put things into perspective. ....

The translation you read was probably poor. Orochi told Kaido his traitor was loyal and would not stop acting until he's told to stop. Kanjuro told Kinemon he would have continued undercover but Orochi told him he should stop and bring back Momonosuke since Kaido wants to ask him something. Kanjuro had no reason not to reveal himself since his job was complete and he was returning to Orochi.

Kawamatsu -- Denjiro -- Shutenmaru fought young albeit withheld Kaido. Neko -- Inu switched and fought Jack for 5 days non-stop. Shutenmaru held and wounded Jack in their encounter. Inu could hold an angered Shutenmaru. Kawamatsu was bodying Headliners. When attacking the original Oden + 9 Scabbards -- Calamities, Numbers, Pleasures and Gifters are present -- the last two were MOWED. Essentially, Shutenmaru, Kawamatsu, non Sulong Neko and Inu combined are giving a YC3 a decent workout.

Now, Kanjuro revealed himself unprovoked and unquestioned. His active mission as it were was to recover Momonosuke. The group was questioning who might've been the mole. Had he waited until they arrived at the ambush point, ensured the group was trapped and struggling and departed it would've made sense and garnered greater impact. Basically they started questioning -- had no suspects -- no leads to formulate a theory -- he reveals himself. All this suddenness can be excused if its revealed some powerful character is on the ship. Hence, him not caring and breaking character as he did, if not this was a dud -- considering the points above.

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Crazy how Kanjuro's design even tipped us off that he's a traitor cause hes always been wearing a mask :ohhh::damn: Oda is a master at character design, I wonder what he actually did to Yasu's corpse :to: and the Supernova trio looks great. "At sea you fight against pirates !" :gladbron: Luffy has had a bunch of great quotes this arc cant wait for next week

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Kinemon served as envoy between Samurai and SH and helped make preparations to attack Onigashima. Scene switches to Scabbards getting together to enact their two decade along vengeance. However, upon arriving on the coats its empty of support and bombarded by whats seems to be an attack. In this desperation a 25 YEAR flashback is triggered to explain WHY this pained them. As soon as the Flashback ended we jump to this weeks chapter. Where Kanjuro is revealed as the Snitch -- Orochi had sent a naval force to intercept the Scabbards -- Supernova M3 arrive in the nick of time to save them. Now lets put things into perspective. ....

Kawamatsu -- Denjiro -- Shutenmaru fought young albeit withheld Kaido. Neko -- Inu switched and fought Jack for 5 days non-stop. Shutenmaru held and wounded Jack in their encounter. Inu could hold an angered Shutenmaru. Kawamatsu was bodying Headliners. When attacking the original Oden + 9 Scabbards -- Calamities, Numbers, Pleasures and Gifters are present -- the last two were MOWED. Essentially, Shutenmaru, Kawamatsu, non Sulong Neko and Inu combined are giving a YC3 a decent workout.

Now, Kanjuro revealed himself unprovoked and unquestioned. His active mission as it were was to recover Momonosuke. The group was questioning who might've been the mole. Had he waited until they arrived at the ambush point, ensured the group was trapped and struggling and departed it would've made sense and garnered greater impact. Basically they started questioning -- had no suspects -- no leads to formulate a theory -- he reveals himself. All this suddenness can be excused if its revealed some powerful character is on the ship. Hence, him not caring and breaking character as he did, if not this was a dud -- considering the points above.

Kanjuro wanted revenge just as much as Orochi. Orochi told him he didnt have to keep up the charade so he was at his leisure to reveal his true role. He wanted to twist the knife before saying adios. But it seems like Kinemon knew something was up because he wasnt surprised about Luffy showing up and even asked if "EVERYONE" was ok. Kidd confirms that all those samurai and boats are at a different dock, so Kinemon likely only told Luffy the true plan because he knew one of the Scabbards was a spy.

On another note, that last panel has my hype. I wonder why they didnt use that to close out Act 3.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

The BOYS are BACK :banderas:
GOATda does it again.

First of all, that Denjiro reveal still has me shook. He was Kyoshiro the whole time, so Komurasaki/Hiyori's survival makes sense. He's been protecting her the whole time.
The way that Oden got played and betrayed still has me heated though. I haven't hated a One Piece villain as much as Orochi in a LONG time. Donflamingo is an evil dude, but at least he had swag. This dude Orochi is a literal snake in every sense of the word. He comes from a whole lineage of cowards and backstabbers. I can't wait to see him get got. This COWARD needs to go :pacspit:

I just hate that Kanjuro had to be the snitch though. His crappy drawings always made me laugh.