Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The app isn’t the problem. In fact they had to make the app out of necessity. However, I do think URL needs to create content specifically for YouTube. That’s where the URL is dropping the ball imo. You have a YouTube platform with over a million subscribers at their disposal and not really utilizing it effectively to generate excitement.

I also disagree with him saying Eazy will be the last star in the caffeine/app era. His point here is so stupid that I just don’t feel like addressing it. It just has to be the right nygga that talks that shyt. The guys he mentioned wouldn’t be mainstream stars even if they were getting YouTube releases. Swamp and Stumbles aren’t mainstream stars Chris lol.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With how YouTube has changed because of the ads, i highly doubt they can monetize anything anymore. So much cursing and violent related bars. The vids would be demonetized.

With real music, the labels have invested in YouTube to get that pass (I’m assuming)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
The app isn’t the problem. In fact they had to make the app out of necessity. However, I do think URL needs to create content specifically for YouTube. That’s where the URL is dropping the ball imo. You have a YouTube platform with over a million subscribers at their disposal and not really utilizing it effectively to generate excitement.

I also disagree with him saying Eazy will be the last star in the caffeine/app era. His point here is so stupid that I just don’t feel like addressing it. It just has to be the right nygga that talks that shyt. The guys he mentioned wouldn’t be mainstream stars even if they were getting YouTube releases. Swamp and Stumbles aren’t mainstream stars Chris lol.

Yup.
you gotta look at how many people even from that UM1-class on that are consistent on a decent level:

Eazy
Real Sikh, who is a better technical rapper but isn't as hard hitting as Eazy
Kyd Slade, who isnt a better rapper and doesn't hit as hard as Eazy and got paperwork on his name
Sheed Happens, who just caught his glow in the last 6-7 months

yeah they aint got new stars like that but that onus is on the rappers themselves. Ton of nikkas here and there caught flashes of some shyt (swamp, stumbles, jey, castro, chaos, ace, real name brandon, RU BANDO, Honor, MVP) but never maintain the glow

lotta these older nikkas aint no better either. whole package is weak right now

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Myverse is undefeated on URL (I didnt see the Hustle battle, but so?)

She beat Bonnie, Flames and Ms Huslte (again, I didnt see the Hustle battle, but so?)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Any word on the battles from the weekend?

Through the grapevines

Ave 30'd Tru Foe
I didnt see Myverse vs Ms Hustle, but I had Myverse 30'ing Ms Hustle
Danny 3-0/2-1 over @MJ Truth I mean J2
Ace 30/2-1 at least over Qleen apparently Qleen choked in the 2nd and 3rd or whatever
Swerve beat the shyt out of Cortez lol
Top beat Brandon
Them new bum ass nikkas beat Chef Trez and Nunn Nunn
Roc barely beat Stumbles
Twork killed NXT

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He says 'damaged'
I say 'helped grow'

Battle rap gotta get with the times. No YT drops, subscriptions, PPVs, and contracts with NCCs (non-compete clauses) all play a part into it.
From a fans POV we watching whatever anyway so what difference does it make if battles get blocked we gonna watch the next one regardless.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
pauserboy bodied cola jesus

mans posin with his mattress on the floor and taking shots at people who he got printed on his wall?
mans sayin the only person who wished him merry christmas was Roc? not even his family?

:picard:

absolute nastywork