Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
441510818_7673059566075205_2984472745129467851_n.jpg

WRITTEN & PRODUCED BY PERCY MILLER OF NO LIMIT FILMS

fixed 4 u

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Loaded Lux vs Nitty is a highly important matchup for the artform that prolly costs $65K+ and URL hasn’t clarified time limits with both parties for the battle (Timestamped)

We’re DECADES into Battlerap and this kinda unprofessionalism is still the norm in the culture SMMFH :rudy:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He climbed out of the bag with the dirty house, but he was getting killed the rest of the time.
Man helllllllllll no, lol. I watched that battle madd times, I don’t see how you felt that way, that shhit was a slaughter…even without the choking

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this time they’ve had to write and edit/improve…then write some more, then edit and improve and make the material as perfect as it can be…I think that Lux vs Nitty might be one for the ages, 😳. I know if nothing else that Nitty is going to have some of the greatest, most well-crafted “Loaded” flips ever, 😆. There should be no signs of “lazy writing” in this shhit, every thing should be on point. Might be the best Lux we’ve seen since Cal or Hollow imo…but will that be enough in a battle for a Rum on 10? 🤯

ReasonableMatic

Daps
All this time they’ve had to write and edit/improve…then write some more, then edit and improve and make the material as perfect as it can be…I think that Lux vs Nitty might be one for the ages, 😳. I know if nothing else that Nitty is going to have some of the greatest, most well-crafted “Loaded” flips ever, 😆. There should be no signs of “lazy writing” in this shhit, every thing should be on point. Might be the best Lux we’ve seen since Cal or Hollow imo…but will that be enough in a battle for a Rum on 10? 🤯
All of this sounds AMAZING for us as fans.

The reality is, the battle is most likely gonna go like this.

One of them is gonna go first and spit FIRE

The other is gonna get annoyed at some point feeling like the other is going over the time limits (even though none were agreed upon).

This will cause unnecessary arguing on stage.
A whole lotta “C’mon SMACKs”, “ayo CHILLs” and “two steps backs” gonna get thrown around ruining the whole mood in the room.

The other is gonna go and spit FIRE and get cut off, feeling like he didn’t get his shyt off.

One is gonna beat the other, the one who lost is gonna go to HHIR talkin bout “yeah, we didn’t agree on time limits, I expected it would be like …. Ya know”

Then bloggers will recap the battle talkin bout:
Yeah, I dunno man.. x won, but yeah we gotta have a look at how long nikkas was rappin, I dunno man..
Because if we cut x off, I dunno, it’s CLOSEEE

And ALL it will have been avoided if URL just did the bare minimum by clearly communicating the time limits in the contracts for both parties and communicating it to their representatives and the public, so no misinterpretation can be had leading to that outcome :francis:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
All of this sounds AMAZING for us as fans.

The reality is, the battle is most likely gonna go like this.

One of them is gonna go first and spit FIRE

The other is gonna get annoyed at some point feeling like the other is going over the time limits (even though none were agreed upon).

This will cause unnecessary arguing on stage.
A whole lotta “C’mon SMACKs”, “ayo CHILLs” and “two steps backs” gonna get thrown around ruining the whole mood in the room.

The other is gonna go and spit FIRE and get cut off, feeling like he didn’t get his shyt off.

One is gonna beat the other, the one who lost is gonna go to HHIR talkin bout “yeah, we didn’t agree on time limits, I expected it would be like …. Ya know”

Then bloggers will recap the battle talkin bout:
Yeah, I dunno man.. x won, but yeah we gotta have a look at how long nikkas was rappin, I dunno man..
Because if we cut x off, I dunno, it’s CLOSEEE

And ALL it will have been avoided if URL just did the bare minimum by clearly communicating the time limits in the contracts for both parties and communicating it to their representatives and the public, so no misinterpretation can be had leading to that outcome :francis:
Yea this is one battle I'd prefer the Day/Tay Roc format

No one else on camera and you only hearing reactions when shyt is really crazy

If a crowd is there they gonna make it about them and we gonna have a stepped on product

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rum on 10, isn't better then a pissed off Lux with a point to prove on 15. I'm more concerned about the unlimited rounds. I don't wanna hear these nyggas rap for 2 hours, regardless of who I have winning lol. URL gotta have the setting like Volume 1, the Covid battles on Caffeine or Rex vs Chess for this event.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hypothetically if K Shine signed on with another company and they are compensating him before he does any work...

Won't that put him in the same situation he was in with URL?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Hypothetically if K Shine signed on with another company and they are compensating him before he does any work...

Won't that put him in the same situation he was in with URL?
Not if he constructs his contract properly with an entertainment lawyer (not the same lawyer as the company he’d be signing with, that’s a conflict of interest)

A contract is designed to protect both parties.
These contracts can be edited a 100 times before they are finalized.

A lotta artists are just not experienced enough to know this is possible and sign whatever they’re handed because they’re thirsty, uninformed and don’t think long term.

For instance, the K Shine’s contract could say something like:
This is a 1-3 year deal, with the opportunity for Shine to exit every Jan 1st when given a notice a minimum of 3 weeks in advance.

Every year in the remainder of this contract, K Shine will get paid 25K minimum per battle.

A payout that sums up to the total amount of 100K will be paid Dec 1st of every year in this contract if not enough battles took place in that year to reach this quota as a sign of good faith, even when acts of were the reason for this.

Stuff like that gives financial stability and protects the artist, because to make ends meet they won’t need to run around and take any or as many stupid battles that might ruin their image (and by extension the image of the league/company they work with) as representatives of those companies.

Last edited: