Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eazy didn’t seem excited about the names ARP presented except Geechi

I still think it’s a damn shame ARP gotta wait until a guy is introduced by the URL. I’m aware Eazy battled on RBE years ago but nothing came from it.

How are you the second biggest urban league and can’t introduce any homegrown talent? You gotta hope for guys to become free agents ?

Lol at Chris suggesting Eazy vs Showoff/Jag. He would be a damn fool to entertain those battles.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Real talk tho, it’s kind of like an energy thing with me. When I watch battle rap (especially with a crowd) nothing beats a great punchline rapper.

That’s not to say I’m not a fan of the rappers on your list, but I also enjoy what punchline rappers bring to the table.

It’s like watching the dunk contest IMO.

Theres nothing wrong with "bars" "punches" "wordplay" or liking them, and I dont think Im above anyone who does prefer those thing over actual writing. Its only a problem when nikkas say certain battlers arent "pens" because they dont punch enough or have enough wordplay, THOSE are the nikkas I have a problem with. Thats my whole thing (see what I initially quoted) nikkas that say Cortez and Calicoe arent pens. The dunk contest analogy is spot on. Hell I love a nice punch myself.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
5:20

"I dot i's and cross t's
Jamal Mashburn" - E Ness

:ohhh:

weebay-thewire.gif

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Eazy didn’t seem excited about the names ARP presented except Geechi

I still think it’s a damn shame ARP gotta wait until a guy is introduced by the URL. I’m aware Eazy battled on RBE years ago but nothing came from it.

How are you the second biggest urban league and can’t introduce any homegrown talent? You gotta hope for guys to become free agents ?

Lol at Chris suggesting Eazy vs Showoff/Jag. He would be a damn fool to entertain those battles.

URL did this with Grind Time.. Fight Klub and Other Leagues..
Unless a Battler had his 1st Battle on a URL PG or Crucible..He not homegrown..

DNA.. Marv Won.. X Factor.. Con.. YK.. BK.. etc.. I was watching these dudes on GT first..

I hope Eazy takes that Deal... It's good for Battle Rap..

Eazy vs Geechi.. Ill Will.. Will be some Dope Battles.. Even Eazy Bigg K..

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't think of an established battle rapper that his first on cam battle ever, on URL. TODD?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL did this with Grind Time.. Fight Klub and Other Leagues..
Unless a Battler had his 1st Battle on a URL PG or Crucible..He not homegrown..

DNA.. Marv Won.. X Factor.. Con.. YK.. BK.. etc.. I was watching these dudes on GT first..

I hope Eazy takes that Deal... It's good for Battle Rap..

Eazy vs Geechi.. Ill Will.. Will be some Dope Battles.. Even Eazy Bigg K..

That’s why I used the word introduced.