The official "best food spots in your city" thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a "Foodie" & an Elite Yelper I'm always on the look out for New Food spots. In this thread we will drop some of that Flourishment for our fellow brehs that might stop thru our city or cities that we've been to..

THE RULES: Only the best spots, if it's not A1 we don't care & No national chains.

I'll get it started with BROOKLYN:

Samantha's southern, check out my review with pics

http://www.yelp.com/biz/samanthas-southern-cuisine-brooklyn?hrid=eXqrYWb3fXPTcTsxXRXs5g

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chicago north side.
Tapia's Pizzeria. Typical "hybrid" joint where Italian Beef and other greasy stuff can be copped. Unfortunately, locals sleep on it for subpar chain pizza. Seriously a gem in the city, I end up paying $9 for 3 big slices vs a whole pizza elsewhere.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tapias-pizzeria-chicago
Don't fight the feeling if you live around here. Shout outs to Bill's hotdog stand right down the street from it, as well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chicago north side.
Tapia's Pizzeria. Typical "hybrid" joint where Italian Beef and other greasy stuff can be copped. Unfortunately, locals sleep on it for subpar chain pizza. Seriously a gem in the city, I end up paying $9 for 3 big slices vs a whole pizza elsewhere.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tapias-pizzeria-chicago
Don't fight the feeling if you live around here. Shout outs to Bill's hotdog stand right down the street from it, as well.
Breh... Is the Chicago italian beef really that wave?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh... Is the Chicago italian beef really that wave?
Ill put it to you this way. If you posted in Chicago, you have absolutely NO reason to hit a chain save for Al's Italian beef. Mom and pop shops that sell italian beef sandwiches, even the two spots I just named, are all over, so you will never have the same sandwich twice. That said, Al's Italian beef is #1 (Don't be fooled by portillo's), followed up by a small shop called Tasty Sub on the north side. $6 gets you a 12 inch italian beef. $8ish gets you that, fries (With mild sauce :ohlawd: have you sucking the brown bag they came in) and a can of pop if you like that. I can go ALL DAY on the gems ive slid through in and around the city.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
The Vortex in Atlanta (near Midtown and near Little Five Points):

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/

Best burger in Atlanta, and arguably the best burger I've ever had.

Adam Richman did a "Man vs. Food" episode from there once....

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
Ill put it to you this way. If you posted in Chicago, you have absolutely NO reason to hit a chain save for Al's Italian beef. Mom and pop shops that sell italian beef sandwiches, even the two spots I just named, are all over, so you will never have the same sandwich twice. That said, Al's Italian beef is #1 (Don't be fooled by portillo's), followed up by a small shop called Tasty Sub on the north side. $6 gets you a 12 inch italian beef. $8ish gets you that, fries (With mild sauce :ohlawd: have you sucking the brown bag they came in) and a can of pop if you like that. I can go ALL DAY on the gems ive slid through in and around the city.
I fly into Chicago on Sunday. Plan on going to this spot I saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, called Rockit Burger. They have this burger where they used fried mac and cheese patties instead of buns. :ohhh::feedme:

RBB_MacBunBurger-3.jpg

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
best thin crust pizza in chicago is a whole in the wall pizza joint out south by the name of Italian Fiesta....its black owned and operated as well.
20081117ItalianFiestaWholePizza.jpg

Best italian beefs in chicago is a toss up between Albinos right outside of west side of chicago in Oak Park on roosevelt and portillos downtown.
348s.jpg
portillos3.jpg

Best deep dish is any Giodornos...fukk ginos and unos.
Chicago011.jpg

Best pancake house in Chicago is Golden Nugget...fukk what u heard...most are scattered up north.
001.jpg

Best fried chicken is hands down Uncle Remus located on the west side of chicago on Madison and central....fukk a harolds...and before Uncle Remus, it was Sir's chicken.
blogger-image-2023618795.jpg

Best jerk food in Chicago is jerk villa...my nikka! :ohlawd: them jerk turkey tips will have u cryin :to: :wow:
ls.jpg

Ive had tacos from the most praised authentic mexican restaurants in the city to chain food spots like Chipotle but Sanchez tacos have the best burritos, tortas and tacos Ive ever had in my life! Located on the west side of the city on Ogden and Pulaski.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If you're in south Florida, there's a local chain called Sports Grill that I think has the best chicken wings. Good size and seasoned right. Think it was on man vs. food. I'll have to think of more good spots. Most of them are on south beach and are either for tourists or too expensive, like prime 112.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I fly into Chicago on Sunday. Plan on going to this spot I saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, called Rockit Burger. They have this burger where they used fried mac and cheese patties instead of buns. :ohhh::feedme:

RBB_MacBunBurger-3.jpg
I eat at Rockit Bar all the time breh. That sandwich isn't nearly as good as it looks interesting. Theres other things on the menu to try that are better. After youre done, go next door to Howl at The Moon. Its a live band that takes request there. Youre in the shoppoing district downtown so they are Cacs but theyll play anything from Drake and Gucci to Isley Bros to South Park songs. Really anything that you ask the band to honestly. Theres an 84oz bucket of liquor for like $27 that I get everytime I go.

koolade.jpg

Its supposed to be for 4 people but me and a chick always kill it ourselves and you'll hit Hubbard ready to get it in. If you want to stay close go to Hubbard Hotel, Social 25 or Hub/Sub51. Youre coming on a shytty weekend breh, it just started getting chilly here.