Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Good news for "Commie-fornia" lol

Federal Judge Overturns California’s Assault Weapons Ban

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — California’s three-decade-old ban on assault weapons has been declared unconstitutional.

Judge Roger Benitez, a San Diego federal judge appointed by President George W. Bush, Friday overturned the ban, stating that it violated the right to bear arms.

Saturday, there was a long line get into the Crossroads of the West gun show in Costa Mesa as hundreds showed up looking for weapons and ammunition.

“This is amazing,” said David Vargas, a gun owner, of the ruling. “It’s great news!”

The assault weapons ban was passed in 1989 and has since been updated a number of times.

The main issue appeared to be the state’s definition of an assault weapon. California’s attorney general argued that assault weapons were more dangerous and were used in more crimes and mass shootings.

But the judge disagreed, stating in his ruling that the guns were overwhelmingly owned for legal purposes. And, he said, the definition unlawfully deprived law-abiding citizens from owning firearms that are legal in most other states.

“This is happening now because there was a challenge to California’s 30-year-old assault weapons ban, and we have tinkered with this, but when a judge faces a challenge then you have to rule on that challenge,” Jessica Levinson, a professor at Loyola Law School, said. “And this is a judge, who very recently, has ruled to overturn California’s ban on large-capacity magazines.”

Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a statement that said, in part:

“Today’s decision is a direct threat to public safety and the lives of innocent Californians, period. As the son of a judge, I grew up with deep respect for the judicial process and the importance of a judge’s ability to make impartial fact-based rulings, but the fact that this judge compared the AR-15 – a weapon of war that’s used on the battlefield – to a Swiss Army Knife completely undermines the credibility of this decision and is a slap in the face to the families who’ve lost loved ones to this weapon. We’re not backing down from this fight, and we’ll continue pushing for common sense gun laws that will save lives.”

However, the judge issued a stay of this order, meaning that the assault weapons ban remains in effect for the time being.

The case will now go to a three-judge panel in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and could be headed for the U.S. Supreme Court.

Federal Judge Overturns California's Assault Weapons Ban

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
do i need two 22lr pistos @Wildin

im going to pick up this glock 22 i seen today long story short i have a gsg already on layaway should i cancel it i dont think i need it
since they are both 22 long rifle going to keep the glock and the andesron ar 15 that i already have on layaway

good idea ?

also whats some good ammo i should have for the glock 44 for gun range and self defense
im going to use the ar for self defense but just in case

what some ammo i should stay away from

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
do i need two 22lr pistos @Wildin

im going to pick up this glock 22 i seen today long story short i have a gsg already on layaway should i cancel it i dont think i need it
since they are both 22 long rifle going to keep the glock and the andesron ar 15 that i already have on layaway

good idea ?

also whats some good ammo i should have for the glock 44 for gun range and self defense

Do you need 2?

I mean does a bird need all those feathers?

The 22 pistol is absolutely fantastic for target/plinking with a handgun. I've been seeing more and more 22 on the shelf which is weird because people used to hoard it. Now that other ammo 38, 9 and 40 etc, is super pricey and usually gone, for some reason not only have I been seeing 22 but I've been seeing different types of 22. I usually buy 22 target, game and varmint, now I'm seeing 22 hollow points and other variants that I've never seen and in stores I've shopped in for over a decade.

as for the glock 22 it's a great gun for overall handgun proficiency. The issues you need to address is finding 22 ammo locally and getting to a range to actually shoot it enough to gain the experience.

If your concern is either getting to the range and/or finding 22 ammo locally. The next best thing is

Pretty much the same gun, way less expensive, ammo is easy to come by but another issue is obtaining the co2 cartridges ....but the caveat is if you have a backyard which a privacy fence or even a basement or garage where you can stand 7 yards away, 10 yards away you can obtain the exact same shooting drills and proficiency as you would with your glock 22 but without spending money at the range, driving to the range and on ammo... etc

As for 22 ammo I've always gone cci. I don't know if it's better or worse it's just what my local stores carry.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

cci standard velocity and aguila super extra hv are my favorite 22 ammo, aguila smells like cat piss tho lol

winchester white box, remington golden bullets, thunderbolts, and the federal hollowpoints in the light blue box are all awful

there's a test of defensive 22 ammo here, i only skimmed the results but none of them look useful

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
$500 usps are back baby :ahh: HK .45 USP V7 USED LEO TRADE IN

these ones have the LEM trigger + a safety grafted on there by a police armorer for no apparent reason (can be deleted in like two minutes). if you guys aren't familiar with LEM it's a real treat, it's double action only with a long, very light pull and a short reset.