Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm realizing I'm not impressed with people who amass a large arsenal of firearms because most of them do not train or understand their weapons systems. I'm seeing this in our community more and it's sort of annoying me more and more when I ask my peers to train. Does anyone else feel this way?

Some people are collectors and sadly some people just like to stunt

this is why i decided recently just to stick with glock. master one you master them all. and you can get different sizes and calibers for different purposes depending on your need.

I disagree with this. Different guns handle differently. Even amongst handguns. The fundamentals are similar but the tools handle differently. Just like a ball peen hammer, sledgehammer, hammer, claw hammer, mallet etc.

You may learn how to use each for its purpose but mastery isn't obtained by just using one.

Yeah I mean #pewpew and all. Guns and explosions are cool but after a while I got over it. Even now I've been on the fence of getting a suppressor for my rifle but I think to myself how much am I going to use it and will it make me any better shooting wise getting it now? Maybe I should spend that cash on training. For example I'm going to an eight hour defensive pistol course this weekend and paid $175 for it. Money well spent for me.

I get the collector mindset to a degree. There are some amazing firearms out there from a historical perspective. I have a friend that is in the military and has a collection of firearms from WW1, WW2, Korean, and Vietnam War but he is a military history buff, shoots skeet/trap regularly and has to carry a firearm on a daily basis. I just wish our community did it more.

I see someone like Black Rambo while I find entertaining and I supported the brotha buying some of his defensive rounds most of his content is him blasting off Gucci Glocks/CZs and just trying to stunt. We need more training IMO.

Yeah - as much as I want other firearms I know I will eventually lose interest of the shiny object and want something else. I'd rather just master my Glock and firearms I have and make small upgrades here and there. My more recent has been an appendix holster for my Glock and before that was a red dot which is a game changer.

My disgruntled attitude right now with the Black Gun Community is just something that has been growing in my own group recently. People talking bold online saying they're ready for anything yet I see glaring gaps in their skillset. Can't shoot due to ammo prices? Dry Fire or learn another skill like medical or martial arts.

Training is hard for everyone. Gun ownership is a hobby like anything else. Most people will buy a guitar but not get lessons or dedicate themselves to teach themselves.

I know a lot of people white and black that bought a gun within the last 2 year and even went through ccw class and don't carry.

That's fine. It is what it is.

Just do you and if you can bring someone along with you do that. I've sat down with many friends and given a presentation on guns just because they didn't know or were aware. I've talked about my Nigerian friend...he don't fukk with guns but I've taken him to the range and shown him the ropes.

You can lead a horse to water....today the watering holes are scarce but you can't force anyone to drink.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with this. Different guns handle differently. Even amongst handguns. The fundamentals are similar but the tools handle differently. Just like a ball peen hammer, sledgehammer, hammer, claw hammer, mallet etc.

You may learn how to use each for its purpose but mastery isn't obtained by just using one.

Training is hard for everyone. Gun ownership is a hobby like anything else. Most people will buy a guitar but not get lessons or dedicate themselves to teach themselves.

I know a lot of people white and black that bought a gun within the last 2 year and even went through ccw class and don't carry.

That's fine. It is what it is.

Just do you and if you can bring someone along with you do that. I've sat down with many friends and given a presentation on guns just because they didn't know or were aware. I've talked about my Nigerian friend...he don't fukk with guns but I've taken him to the range and shown him the ropes.

You can lead a horse to water....today the watering holes are scarce but you can't force anyone to drink.

You're right. It's really about fighting misinformation all while wanting my people to improve their skillset. I need to align myself with more people who are serious about training because I know I can come off as passionate but I don't want to be overbearing. I'm not anyone's parent.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
what i don't understand are ppl who say they're collecting for the end times and not for art/investment purposes but never shoot, just pick one platform and get some damn trigger time on it :martin:

i feel like training isn't really possible for a lot of ppl here tho since a lot of us live in cities that severely restrict ownership or criminalize doing so much as touching a pistol during a class. i'm lucky enough to live right next to two of the best schools in the country so i take advantage but most don't have this luxury.
Yeah - as much as I want other firearms I know I will eventually lose interest of the shiny object and want something else.
having to horse trade a gun you don't care about for something cool?
tenor.gif

oh yeah, found this vid recently, i'm a lil late but it's got good stuff on the subject of muscle memory... sorry for no timestamp i don't have the time to rewatch

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@east you're right. It's accessibility. I'm in a few FB groups that have Black Gun Owners and one of my acquaintances was saying all y'all are just showing your guns saying you have them for self defense but not training. Maybe I'm just getting annoyed because there is still oppression against us and we aren't taking it seriously.

Also you're right - competition training is just that - competition. John Lovell of Warrior Poet Society talked about this before too.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what i don't understand are ppl who say they're collecting for the end times and not for art/investment purposes but never shoot, just pick one platform and get some damn trigger time on it :martin:

It's rough out there. Since Jan of last year my boy bought 2 aks, 2 ars, a glock and built a .22.

His glock fires perfect, and the .22 he built is zeroed in but the other 2 he bought off the shelves aren't zeroed for shyt.

He's pissed and frustrated.

Times are tough but you gotta deal. I don't want to know how many fools bought their rifles and think shyts sweet and haven't zeroed or test fired.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got good training in today with an eight hour course in Defensive Pistol. I worked in a lot of unconventional positions (prone, kneeling, supine, side to side). I also was able to work through simulated malfunctions and injuries.

Next course I may take in a few months will be pistol/carbine inside a vehicle I think. Still need to take a Stop The Bleed course.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Question for anybody thats got a cz75.... I was thinking about copping a CZ p01 but the one thing stopping me was the long reset of the trigger and a little bit too much take up. Are there any after market trigger options that would make the purchase worth it. I think the ergos and the recoil reduction of the gun are top notch....if not I may just cop the M9A3

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Question for anybody thats got a cz75.... I was thinking about copping a CZ p01 but the one thing stopping me was the long reset of the trigger and a little bit too much take up. Are there any after market trigger options that would make the purchase worth it. I think the ergos and the recoil reduction of the gun are top notch....if not I may just cop the M9A3
SRS1 Short Reset System - Cajun Gun Works

ryanb9nd

Rookie
Daps

CZ 75 Trigger Spring Kit

ryanb9nd

Rookie
Daps
I put that Mcarbo Kit in one of my P-01, it was hard, took like 3 hours but it was my first time doing any real work to the internals of a pistol... that's after I spent a couple of hundred to get the pro-carry package installed by Cajun Gun Works

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
cgw has long lead times rn cause scott left. and yeah those trigger return springs are a bytch to install, i know i'm gonna lose at least two hours every time i need to detail strip an hk. :russ: