Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My recent watches:
Rosemary's Baby
Lovely, Dark, and Deep
Session 9
Two classics and a new joint that I didn't love, but had some merits.

Rosemary's Baby:
I don't have to say too much, but I decided to peep this because of how much Immaculate gave me similar vibes. I forgot how patiently they build everything up, and how well they do with the creepy old folks. It's just a great film IMO, though it may be slow for some horror heads. I'd add that I think Rosemary's Baby and Immaculate make a PERFECT double-feature. They're very similar for three quarters of the run time, and then go in radically different directions.

Session 9:
I feel like this is slept on but not underrated. Horror heads that know about it all sing its praises, but I know a lot of people that have never heard of it since it's not as talked about as the big classics. It's another great example of building tension slowly but surely, and letting the setting be the real star of the show. The asylum is creepy as all hell, and feels like it's playing a role in things somehow...between the score, the recordings, and the setting; everything feels sinister. I'd have to really sit down to make a list of my top-ten favorite horror movies of all time, but I'm pretty sure this makes the cut.

Lovely Dark and Deep:
I think this a good movie that coulda been great. But the end goes so far down the trippy rabbit hole that it starts to feel incoherent before reeling everything back in right at the end. A woman becomes a county ranger, but she's really looking to solve a tragedy from her youth. It's basically a horror about how many people go missing in national forests. When it starts off, the weirdness and the setting do a ton of work. But the obscure style gets too confusing and incoherent for me. It ends up dragging in the middle, but the ending is solid enough.

Honestly, for a person losing their mind in the wilderness, I'd prefer Loop Track minus the wild reveal. Either way, this is a 6 out of 10 for me.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Threw on Be My Cat while I did some afternoon chores. Tubi suggestion. Idk wtf I'm watching. Kinda reminds me of Creep with Mark Duplass, but way more twisted.

Edit: Oh this is definitely the most messed up movie I've seen in a while. This dude is foul!

A quality Horror content creator finally covered this movie. Be My Cat is like Poughkeepsie Tapes meets Creep...and I find it better than both.

Last edited:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Happy Birthday to me (1981)

decent slasher, compared to other 80's slashers , it better acted and is paced better than 90% of what is out there.
convoluted ending though, i was like :dwillhuh: at the reveal
it was a twist the just was not needed

okay kill fx too

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
thinking about hitting this up over the weekend.
annual North Carolina horror convention

guest list is decent
Sounds really dope. Let us know how this goes if you decide to hit it up. :obama:

Also, would you guys be down for a Coli Horror meetup at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights sometime? Would take some coordination, but we could actually set this up if y’all are onboard.

Know I had talked about it before with @storyteller. Said I wouldn’t forget, so here I am pitching this out once more, lol. I’ve been dying to go for years.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Took a break from my horror movie trips to check the new Planet of the Apes...it's okay, but longer than it had to be by like half an hour.

This weekend, I'm back on the horror tip with one of my most anticipated movies of the year. In a Violent Nature is dropping, and the hype from my favorite horror content creators is only building.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Took a break from my horror movie trips to check the new Planet of the Apes...it's okay, but longer than it had to be by like half an hour.

This weekend, I'm back on the horror tip with one of my most anticipated movies of the year. In a Violent Nature is dropping, and the hype from my favorite horror content creators is only building.
yes!