Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's easy to tell that this has been the case for a while now. The movies are directing the comics now. But them not creating any new material just to prevent fox is going to (or already has) bite them in the ass since readers aren't going for that shyt.
I understand them not wanting to create new characters though.
Avenger vs xmen would have been a great movie.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. There are a lot of "oh shyt" moments, but a lot of that shyt doesn't make sense when you consider how these characters historically compare on the food chain. Thanos shouldn't be able to do a lot of shyt that he has without some external power up.
Thanos is a titan. He was always stronger then most heroes without the infinity stones. Expect that one time he was arrested :dead:
3951697-0589086583-thano.JPG

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Thanos is a titan. He was always stronger then most heroes without the infinity stones.

Not THAT strong, breh. He blasted Galactus' head off his body.

Expect that one time he was arrested :dead:
3951697-0589086583-thano.JPG

:skip: lets... lets not talk about this.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

That was the dumbest ish ever. Time and time again, they've been told and shown that the movie crowd does not equal the comic crowd. The comics are a niche market, and kids aren't finding them anymore. The only way kids find comics books is by becoming interested through their parents.

But they may have soured on a lot of those ideas though.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
That was the dumbest ish ever. Time and time again, they've been told and shown that the movie crowd does not equal the comic crowd. The comics are a niche market, and kids aren't finding them anymore. The only way kids find comics books is by becoming interested through their parents.

But they may have soured on a lot of those ideas though.
I think one of the biggest mistakes the comic industry made was removing comics from convenience stores, Walmart, and other retailers besides comic book shops. I remember I picked up my first comic book at 7-Eleven when I was 7 years old. How are younger readers able to get into comics if they can only find them at comic shops? It's probably too late now since a lot of comic book shops are dying and print media is dying too.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i guess ima just be a MARVEL head til i go.
theres too many good books for me to be complaining and shyt.
some of you havent even gave Ms.Marvel or Kate Bishop Hawkeye a chance!
and them shyts is dope!

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
In Action Comics, DC Agrees It Shares A Multiverse with Marvel

After a particularly somber scene where Superman and Booster witness the destruction of Krypton, in which Superman confirms that he father was pulled out of time and space by a mysterious force, the heroes decide to head home to their rightful time. Booster jokingly refers to Skeets as “Alfred,” a reference to Batman’s faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth. When Skeets objects, Booster comes back by saying, “Not like like I can call you Jarvis. Whole other timeline.”

Action-Comics-998-Booster-Gold.jpg

:gladbron:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
In Action Comics, DC Agrees It Shares A Multiverse with Marvel

After a particularly somber scene where Superman and Booster witness the destruction of Krypton, in which Superman confirms that he father was pulled out of time and space by a mysterious force, the heroes decide to head home to their rightful time. Booster jokingly refers to Skeets as “Alfred,” a reference to Batman’s faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth. When Skeets objects, Booster comes back by saying, “Not like like I can call you Jarvis. Whole other timeline.”

Action-Comics-998-Booster-Gold.jpg

:gladbron:

Multiversity kinda hinted at that too. I wish marvel would make dc references, they used to in the past

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Multiversity kinda hinted at that too. I wish marvel would make dc references, they used to in the past

Honestly, they all should. Makes things fun.

Never on a street level, though. Would have to be on a cosmic/time travel/dimension hopping level.

The Doctor from Doctor Who has been in the Marvel U, but never mentions DC.

Meanwhile, Hellstrom from Marvel knows of John Constantine.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, they all should. Makes things fun.

Never on a street level, though. Would have to be on a cosmic/time travel/dimension hopping level.

The Doctor from Doctor Who has been in the Marvel U, but never mentions DC.

Meanwhile, Hellstrom from Marvel knows of John Constantine.
You know the issue?