Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
From what I understand, Derek Dingle, Denys Cowan and Reginald Hudlin were the three spearheading Earth-M, and when McDuffie's widow found out about it she was like, ":usure:. Nobody told me about this. :ufdup:" and now there's some legal mess going on.

I don't know what knowledge or involvement DC directly had in this.

Wow, I was just thinking about this the other day and was going to ask yall what the hell ever happened with this launch. Back in like January/February, Reggie Hudlin was talking on his website about all the milestone books he was going to be writing and i believe the official announcements came out around that time. 9-10 months later and ain't shyt but tumbleweeds

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
From what I understand, Derek Dingle, Denys Cowan and Reginald Hudlin were the three spearheading Earth-M, and when McDuffie's widow found out about it she was like, ":usure:. Nobody told me about this. :ufdup:" and now there's some legal mess going on.

:what: what's her damn problem!?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:what: what's her damn problem!?
Probably money. Let's not act like DC (or Marvel for that matter) doesn't have a long history of leaving creators on the curb jacking their properties without paying a penny. They might've gotten away with that shyt for decades but it's not so easy anymore. Not saying that's the case here but we all see what they're doing with Watchmen.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
@Mr. Negative @AquaCityBoy

Cry For Justice has some of the shyttiest writing I read. :scust:

The art is beautiful, so I feel I got my 7 dollars worth. :ld:

@GunRanger

How much do artists charge for a drawing? I know it varies, but what’s the price range?

Those are some amazing pieces. The Doom one is so simple yet :wow:

If I had money to burn I’d get some. :mjcry:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Probably money. Let's not act like DC (or Marvel for that matter) doesn't have a long history of leaving creators on the curb jacking their properties without paying a penny. They might've gotten away with that shyt for decades but it's not so easy anymore. Not saying that's the case here but we all see what they're doing with Watchmen.
ISn't DC just doing a partnership with Milestone and not a case where it is a DC property like what happened with Wildstorm?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
@Mr. Negative @AquaCityBoy

Cry For Justice has some of the shyttiest writing I read. :scust:

The art is beautiful, so I feel I got my 7 dollars worth. :ld:

@GunRanger

How much do artists charge for a drawing? I know it varies, but what’s the price range?

Those are some amazing pieces. The Doom one is so simple yet :wow:

If I had money to burn I’d get some. :mjcry:
Generally 80-150, with bigger name artists charging more. Sketches and headshots are cheaper than full body/color.

80 for the Parker
150 for the Doom
80 for Freeze

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Yea...

and you know his widow is white :snoop:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
WaNJEi3.jpg

damn M'Baku.
You on the wrong side of history holmes!
:hahapaul:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
What's this about breh?

this is the third series. best to read wiki cause I don't wanna spoil it.

The Umbrella Academy
initially takes place in an alternate history where John F. Kennedy was never assassinated, and is primarily set in 1977 (the year of writer Way's birth), which is treated as the present. The titular team is described as a "dysfunctional family of superheroes" (akin to Marvel Comics Fantastic Four). In the mid-20th century, at the instant of the finishing blow in a cosmic boxing match, 43 superpowered infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy (it is hinted by a character implied to be God that they are collectively a modern-day incarnation of the Messiah). Sir Reginald Hargreeves a.k.a. The Monocle, an extraterrestrial disguised as a famous entrepreneur, adopts the surviving seven children, and prepares them to save the world from an unspecified threat as the Umbrella Academy.

In Apocalypse Suite, the team disbanded and failed to stay in contact with each other until they were reunited upon the news of Hargreeves' death, and subsequently reformed the team after one of their own number became a supervillain.

it's good.

:hubie:
in my opinion.