Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I really liked secret wars especially if you read the original secret wars back in 84. Civil war 2 came too soon after secret wars they should've let the dust settle.

IMO, ALL their events have been coming too soon since World War Hulk.

I swear when Infinity Gauntlet came out, Marvel said "we're only going to do this kind of thing every 4-10 years or so"

Daps
IMO, ALL their events have been coming too soon since World War Hulk.

I swear when Infinity Gauntlet came out, Marvel said "we're only going to do this kind of thing every 4-10 years or so"
Events aren't their only problem though. Peter Parker and T'Challa are the only solos selling. No Ms marvel, no all new wolverine, no ant-man, no nova. Old man logan, miles morales and tony stark are around 60th on the list posted.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Events aren't their only problem though. Peter Parker and T'Challa are the only solos selling. No Ms marvel, no all new wolverine, no ant-man, no nova. Old man logan, miles morales and tony stark are around 60th on the list posted.

T'Challa's book has nothing to do with Civil War II.

Pete has a separate Civil War book.

everybody else either has a story where Carol shows up saying "we gotta stop you from doing something horrible in the future" or they're featured in a book where it happens.

Marvel is basically telling the same boring story in every book.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
hulk.jpg

:stopitslime: they really making her "gray" with a big nose!?
And The book is called Hulk....

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Marvel out here buggin with some of these bullshyt books

A lot of Marvel's books are dope though...NOT CW2 related. Uncanny X-Men& Uncanny Avengers are good, Nighthawk was that work, Miles & Ms. Marvel books were good, Moon Knight was crazy, Daredevil is good, I heard all good things about Vision, Howard the Duck was cool for a while...I think once CW is over, they'll get back to good books and stories

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
A lot of Marvel's books are dope though...NOT CW2 related. Uncanny X-Men& Uncanny Avengers are good, Nighthawk was that work, Miles & Ms. Marvel books were good, Moon Knight was crazy, Daredevil is good, I heard all good things about Vision, Howard the Duck was cool for a while...I think once CW is over, they'll get back to good books and stories
I fukk with all that
But it be feeling like all the good shyt be taking forever to drop
Goddamn theres like 3 different versions of Deadpool a WEEK!
A muthafukka gotta be waiting like a month a half for Ms.Marvel :beli:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I fukk with all that
But it be feeling like all the good shyt be taking forever to drop
Goddamn theres like 3 different versions of Deadpool a WEEK!
A muthafukka gotta be waiting like a month a half for Ms.Marvel :beli:
Deadpool is a top seller while Ms Marvel just sells okay. Its the main reason why Deadpool has multiple books

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Black Panther continues to be a surprise.

This is a good humbling moment for Marvel... but as others have pointed out, all DC is doing is timed releases of a buncha #1 first issue books. One month its Rebirth #1 of _____ character, then the actual Issue #1 of _____ character a month later. It's gimmicky but Marvel can't say shyt b/c they all about that gimmick life themselves. They're just taking a short break before they get back on the gimmick train their damn selves this fall/winter. It'll be when that happens or later when both companies are in a mull, that we'll see how much the market has shifted to one over the other.

Still, civil war ii is a snooze fest and uninspired, so if this serves as any type of wake up call... good. Nothing against Carol Danvers... but they should've done a better job of giving her the keys to the estate

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Black Panther continues to be a surprise.

This is a good humbling moment for Marvel... but as others have pointed out, all DC is doing is timed releases of a buncha #1 first issue books. One month its Rebirth #1 of _____ character, then the actual Issue #1 of _____ character a month later. It's gimmicky but Marvel can't say shyt b/c they all about that gimmick life themselves. They're just taking a short break before they get back on the gimmick train their damn selves this fall/winter. It'll be when that happens or later when both companies are in a mull, that we'll see how much the market has shifted to one over the other.

Still, civil war ii is a snooze fest and uninspired, so if this serves as any type of wake up call... good. Nothing against Carol Danvers... but they should've done a better job of giving her the keys to the estate

If Carol still doesn't catch on after all of this, watch her movie become a team-up.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:deadmanny: @ Cage asking Miles and Jessica Jones why he wasnt invited to the secret meeting

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, don't nobody wanna read that shyt.

Top it all off, the dumb ass "event" has absolutely nothing to do with the Cap movie, and nobody outside comics even knows who the Inhumans are, so they lost whatever new fans they might have gained as well.
Both civil war 1 and 2 we're stupid , cw 1 was saved by the other books Involved . This Time they took another interesting concept and pretty much made carol a villian same with tony in the first one . You can't be out there arresting people prior to crimes and barely doing any research on Ulysses powers . They take somewhat interesting concepts and muddle them and oversimplify them to the point that it's :stopitslime::usure::comeon: how about marvel finish some stories and stop moving onto the next movie tie in. If you think about axis was a fukking waste and so was age of ultron marvel just ignoring all those stories fallout.
It's like times broken ? Evil iron man and havok , kidnapped Janet van dyne resolution ? Nah go fukk your self comic readers . Also why the fukk did reed bring in random people like old man Logan but not revive regular ( 36 book starring ) Logan