Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Both civil war 1 and 2 we're stupid , cw 1 was saved by the other books Involved . This Time they took another interesting concept and pretty much made carol a villian same with tony in the first one . You can't be out there arresting people prior to crimes and barely doing any research on Ulysses powers . They take somewhat interesting concepts and muddle them and oversimplify them to the point that it's :stopitslime::usure::comeon: how about marvel finish some stories and stop moving onto the next movie tie in. If you think about axis was a fukking waste and so was age of ultron marvel just ignoring all those stories fallout.
It's like times broken ? Evil iron man and havok , kidnapped Janet van dyne resolution ? Nah go fukk your self comic readers . Also why the fukk did reed bring in random people like old man Logan but not revive regular ( 36 book starring ) Logan

shyt is mad stupid.. that's way events shouldn't be every year. Too many dropped/hand waved plot lines.

I wanted to see more of Superior Iron Man. That was a nice ass suit

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is mad stupid.. that's way events shouldn't be every year. Too many dropped/hand waved plot lines.

I wanted to see more of Superior Iron Man. That was a nice ass suit
I loved it . They gave it no resolution, I actually brought all that axis stuff and bam no follow up outside anymore . Where is havok is he dead ? What happened to him.
The only story that sticks is a vs x?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I loved it . They gave it no resolution, I actually brought all that axis stuff and bam no follow up outside anymore . Where is havok is he dead ? What happened to him.
The only story that sticks is a vs x?

yea.. way too many dropped plot lines..

and that's why there shouldn't be an event every damn year

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If Carol still doesn't catch on after all of this, watch her movie become a team-up.
:russ:
To be fair, the movies will probably do a better job of character protection.
The idea of taking a white hero you want to elevate and putting her on the pro-profiling side as a supercop :mjlol:
Like they really thought that was a good idea that would convert us all to full fledged Carl Corps members :ohhh:
:mjlol:

But i said it before.. her own solo book at least tries to salvage her situation... and they've done a good job, even if it sometimes comes across a lot like
full

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So my verdict for some ANAD titles so far...

ANAD Avengers... meh. It was a comic with fun moments but it was pretty much a saturday morning cartoon.. and i mean more teen titans go, than young justice. Never felt any stakes at play or felt the weight/gravity of their situation when fighting annihlus or kang. And now that all the kids are bouncing to form their own team, feels like it was a pointless exercise.

Ultimates.. ehhh. All the plot points about them bumping heads, Ms America trying to shut them all down... everything that got people intrigued about the characterization of the team... it seems like it was largely based on the civil war II tie-in stuff. B/c otherwise, its just a BM and Anti-Man story with weird space monologues inbetween. I expected action and gritty character interactions but i got something more generic and largely wallpaper. Poor Monica.

Squadron Supr...:trash:

New Avengers... i wouldn't lie, i quit on this book after like issue 2. The art seemed to go away from the anime style.. but i got no idea how this book is but it seems like the b*stard avengers book who doesn't get to play with all the other kids. I be forgetting about them.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ANAD Avengers... meh. It was a comic with fun moments but it was pretty much a saturday morning cartoon.. and i mean more teen titans go, than young justice. Never felt any stakes at play or felt the weight/gravity of their situation when fighting annihlus or kang. And now that all the kids are bouncing to form their own team, feels like it was a pointless exercise.

Ultimates.. ehhh. All the plot points about them bumping heads, Ms America trying to shut them all down... everything that got people intrigued about the characterization of the team... it seems like it was largely based on the civil war II tie-in stuff. B/c otherwise, its just a BM and Anti-Man story with weird space monologues inbetween. I expected action and gritty character interactions but i got something more generic and largely wallpaper. Poor Monica.

New Avengers... i wouldn't lie, i quit on this book after like issue 2. The art seemed to go away from the anime style.. but i got no idea how this book is but it seems like the b*stard avengers book who doesn't get to play with all the other kids. I be forgetting about them.
I'm interested in champions and to see how Marvels kills the Xmen . Other than that it's mostly :yeshrug: and sam cap , black panther, cage and iron fist plus maybe deadpool

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

New Avengers has been GREAT now that they dropped that heavy inked anime style.

Squadron Supreme started out great... but yeah trash.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't read anything since rebirth #1 what's good?

Detective Comics
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
The Flash
Titans
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth

'Tec, Aquaman, Green Arrow and Flash are the best books in the current Rebirth slate. Wonder Woman is OK, I'd say trade wait it tho. Batman is uneven, but Tom King has a pretty solid track record, so I'm sure it'll pick up by the next arc.

Most of the Rebirth one-shots you can skip tho. The only ones that were particularly stand out were Green Arrow and Red Hood and the Outlaws (the latter might be one of the best single issues I've read all year).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm interested in champions and to see how Marvels kills the Xmen . Other than that it's mostly :yeshrug: and sam cap , black panther, cage and iron fist plus maybe deadpool
They really don't have anything interesting going on, and they mess up by thinking everything has to be a big event or lead to a big event. when it can just be the simple things that build up to a payoff.

i.e. I'll be interested in champions if we see them actually explore the Miles - Kamala dynamic that they've been teasing for a year now. but if it's just an episodic teen titans go comic, like ANAD avengers, i'll probably just buy the occasional issue and will stick to Miles's solo book.

I like Sam Wilson, tho i wonder where there is to go with him now. the social media/political agenda route has been cool but now they gotta start setting up his own mytho with some good/better villains. i like the pairing with Misty Knight, i don't like/care for his mutated redwing sidekick. I think they should've just gave him a drone and tech'd up his wings like they did in the movie. Have be a more bad ass version of archangel, then give him better bad guys