Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm interested in champions and to see how Marvels kills the Xmen
IVX Kicks Off in Marvel's December 2016 Solicitations
IVX2016001COV-col.jpg

IVX #1 (of 6)
The X-Men and Inhumans have been on a collision course since the link was proven between the Inhumans’ precious Terrigen Mist and the sickness and death of many mutants. When Beast discovers that the mutants have only two weeks before the planet is uninhabitable for them, an Inhuman/mutant war is unavoidable. Co-written by Charles Soule (Uncanny Inhumans, Daredevil) and Jeff Lemire (Extraordinary X-Men, Moon Knight), IVX delivers sensational set pieces, gargantuan grudge matches, all drawn by the sensational Leinil Francis Yu! Whether you’re for the X-MEN or the INHUMANS, IVX promises to shatter the Marvel Universe as you know it!

Well that's aggressive.

Where's Cyclops?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Not to pick on @Bigbigguy some more, but the more this event goes on the more i think killing Rhodey was just an aggressive excuse to break him and Carol up permanently, so they could move on with a different pairing (prob from her own mytho) ahead of her MCU debut. He was barely used in her books as it was and I've said for over a year now that whichever young blonde and old Don Cheadle was never happening.

Hulk's death completely overshadowed Rhodey's as far as in-story "controversy" and made more sense as a plot device (as stupid as it still was)... to the point where you really didn't need Rhodey dying at all. And now there may be a 3rd person to push him even further back?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
And speaking on CW2...this week's Civil War II #5 is supposed to have another hero getting killed. Its like they didn't realize that none of the deaths in this event have been well received and are just going to double down.
Nobody dies I've seen the spoilers on *****
Ulysses gets a vision of Miles killing Captain America and Carol arrests him

Not to pick on @Bigbigguy some more, but the more this event goes on the more i think killing Rhodey was just an aggressive excuse to break him and Carol up permanently, so they could move on with a different pairing (prob from her own mytho) ahead of her MCU debut. He was barely used in her books as it was and I've said for over a year now that whichever young blonde and old Don Cheadle was never happening.

Hulk's death completely overshadowed Rhodey's as far as in-story "controversy" and made more sense as a plot device (as stupid as it still was)... to the point where you really didn't need Rhodey dying at all. And now there may be a 3rd person to push him even further back?
I don't really think that was the reason tbh. Bendis just took the easiest route for feels.

Bendis can't do an event without killing characters,

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nobody dies I've seen the spoilers on *****
Ulysses gets a vision of Miles killing Captain America and Carol arrests him

I don't really think that was the reason tbh. Bendis just took the easiest route for feels.

Bendis can't do an event without killing characters,
True, Bendis do be lazy as shyt.

And really, if Rhodey absolutely had to die there to fuel Stark vs Carol... it would've made much more sense if Stark had convinced everyone to ignore Ulysses vision of the Thanos attack and Rhodey had just by happenstance been on duty closest to the facility the day Thanos actually appeared. That way he would've died heroically but alone without backup, and Carol would've arrived furious/emotional and haunted with never letting something like that happen again.

That way, even despite her pro-profiling stance, Carol would automatically be the sympathetic figure b/c of who she lost by initially agreeing to be anti-profiling. I think that would've made much more sense in getting people behind her, even if they felt she was on the wrong side

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas