The Official E-Commerce Tips and Tricks Thread (Shopify, Amazon, EBAY)

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Good Thread

I've literally just started e-commerce, bought a course to learn from and will be focusing on using Ebay.

The goal for now is to make at least £1000 a month [£34 a day] then scale it up

So any tips and tricks would be appreciated :smugbiden:

Whats your plan on scaling to get to 1k per month ?

My advice on eBay is to add all kinds of products you can find. If you can keep it as a niche, even bettter.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I am an artist and i've got a shop/website set up and everything I think all I need now is that marketing hustle. For FB ads, are they pretty cheap? I don't make a lot of money at this point from my salary so it SEEMS tough driving these initial sales without ads.

FB ads arr not cheap until you have a large audience. Basically you need to collect info on who is buying your product. Then, you upload to FB not to create a lookalike audience or LLA. Then, FB will use their bots to target potential customers easier for you.

Basically, if only 2/100 peple that click your ads buy your product, your conversion gets lower and your CPC or Cost Per Click will be higher than lets say if 18/100 buy the product.

Basically the closer you can guide the FB bots to get you customers, the easier. Thats why sometimes it takes months and hundreds of dollars to start seeing good results from your ads when you have no data at all.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, ask away

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I am an artist and i've got a shop/website set up and everything I think all I need now is that marketing hustle. For FB ads, are they pretty cheap? I don't make a lot of money at this point from my salary so it SEEMS tough driving these initial sales without ads.
The advice I gave a friend who is a local artist was to pull the data from instagram/pinterest

you can take an instagram audience and then create a look-a-like just from that. The more targeted you are the better facebook will find your customers. That said, once you have the data yourself the goal is to have multi-channel visibility

Just take it one step at a time. My recommendation is to understand the market first and if your product/service is wanted AND needed then start pushing the adspend. Many clever ways to get info (surveys, quizzes, etc)

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
The advice I gave a friend who is a local artist was to pull the data from instagram/pinterest

you can take an instagram audience and then create a look-a-like just from that. The more targeted you are the better facebook will find your customers. That said, once you have the data yourself the goal is to have multi-channel visibility

Just take it one step at a time. My recommendation is to understand the market first and if your product/service is wanted AND needed then start pushing the adspend. Many clever ways to get info (surveys, quizzes, etc)
FB ads arr not cheap until you have a large audience. Basically you need to collect info on who is buying your product. Then, you upload to FB not to create a lookalike audience or LLA. Then, FB will use their bots to target potential customers easier for you.

Basically, if only 2/100 peple that click your ads buy your product, your conversion gets lower and your CPC or Cost Per Click will be higher than lets say if 18/100 buy the product.

Basically the closer you can guide the FB bots to get you customers, the easier. Thats why sometimes it takes months and hundreds of dollars to start seeing good results from your ads when you have no data at all.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, ask away

Ah ok. Thank you both.

I'll start by scheduled postings, hashtags to get my followers up and then start doing promoted posts. From there I'll be able to get this information. Any improvements on this strategy?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Ah ok. Thank you both.

I'll start by scheduled postings, hashtags to get my followers up and then start doing promoted posts. From there I'll be able to get this information. Any improvements on this strategy?
Automate your outreach in messages and give thoughtful comments in target influencer accounts. You can grow organically like this. Just remember finesse instead of force. Plenty of foreigners and bots spamming people.

Thoughtful messaging will standout! My girl is using this:
Social Sensei - Gain real Instagram followers that care about your content

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Whats your plan on scaling to get to 1k per month ?

My advice on eBay is to add all kinds of products you can find. If you can keep it as a niche, even bettter.
Not entirely sure. I've literally just started but the goal is to make at least £34 a day.

Once i understand the model and system of how dropshipping works on ebay then i'll be looking at avenues to improve on sales.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Make sure to diversify your platforms brehs:

Got this damn air fryer and wine cooler I been trying to get rid of for months on Amazon & Ebay but shipping costs are bazura.

Put em up on letgo last night and already getting hits on them.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Make sure to diversify your platforms brehs:

Got this damn air fryer and wine cooler I been trying to get rid of for months on Amazon & Ebay but shipping costs are bazura.

Put em up on letgo last night and already getting hits on them.
I literally just seen in one of my groups someone release an ebook "Air Fryer Secrets" I wish I was kidding :mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I literally just seen in one of my groups someone release an ebook "Air Fryer Secrets" I wish I was kidding :mjlol:
They probably gonna cake off that shyt too if their following is big enough lol.

I got this one niche I need to get started on that I know I can make Craaaaaazy loot from when it come to ebooks and youtube videos.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do people even make legit money in ecommerce with all the chinese in the game. Most people i've been seeing on youtube only want to sell you their ebook

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
do people even make legit money in ecommerce with all the chinese in the game. Most people i've been seeing on youtube only want to sell you their ebook

The only true seller on youtube is Tim Sanders. Thats it. Tim legit made 1 mil in Q4 last year. He made 257k on Prime Day alone. Dude makes 500k monthly.

I make enough now but I'm adding some products to kick my store up. Its hard work but with every problem theres always a solution. Find the solutions, not the problems.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*** Super beginners question, (but I would like to avoid making another thread if I can):

True or False: One positive that Amazon's FBA has is that I don't have to worry about returns.

Basically, with Ebay or other selling methods, I need to worry about some scammer saying that something was wrong with the item and then sending it back and expecting a refund.

With FBA, if I'm not mistaken, all I have to do is mail things in to Amazon and then when they sell, they sell, and if they don't sell, they may be de-listed eventually, but I don't really have to worry about anyone trying to return anything, right? And even if they do return something, they'd be returning it to Amazon, not to me.

Please advise where my thinking might be flawed here. Thanks.

loki

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
*** Super beginners question, (but I would like to avoid making another thread if I can):

True or False: One positive that Amazon's FBA has is that I don't have to worry about returns.

Basically, with Ebay or other selling methods, I need to worry about some scammer saying that something was wrong with the item and then sending it back and expecting a refund.

With FBA, if I'm not mistaken, all I have to do is mail things in to Amazon and then when they sell, they sell, and if they don't sell, they may be de-listed eventually, but I don't really have to worry about anyone trying to return anything, right? And even if they do return something, they'd be returning it to Amazon, not to me.

Please advise where my thinking might be flawed here. Thanks.

False. Amazon is supposed to handle everything if you are doing FBA. But I had several customers that messaged me directly about returns and I had to deal with it. Some of the issues were my fault though, due to not reading Amazon's rules or completely messing up on a listing.

Amazon does handle majority of those issues. Also, I think the scamming is worse on Amazon due to their policies. I have been effed over way more on Amazon than I have on all of the other selling platforms combined.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the reply.

What happens in this kind of situation though? If Amazon lists something for you, and it sells, you get money. If the buyer then wants to return it, it gets returned to the Amazon warehouse. But you don't lose money or have to give a refund here, right?