Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - Cancel the open top bus, Klopp farewell tour ends in shambles

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
no one talks about this enough, but a dm with elite defensive instant and tackling is great, but one who can do all that while being press resistant and never hiding away from the ball will always be a cheat code.
this is why Camavinga has the chance to be all time midfielder and why I rate him ahead of Tchou as a dm, who sometimes has this habit you're talking about

What Rodri has done in the last few seasons is all time. But its City and we dont give a shyt about them. But Rodri's DM performances have pretty much redefined the role.

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I stopped watching Arsenal after we went down 2-0. Player for player we couldn’t match up with City yesterday - they are on their late season shyt. Should have been in a better points position, but it is what it is. Hopefully the pressure is off so we finish strong this season and deepen the squad for Champions League

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
@thatrapsfan, who used to be @thatknicksfan :mjpls:

world-cup-change-teams.gif

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
It’s the three games against Pool, WHU and Southampton that did Arsenal in. Should have been 9/9 at the very least 7/9.

This City game was always going to be a loss or at best a draw. End of the day, it’s 3pts and all teams lose. But in the context of the season after those draws, that’s 3pts they had to win.

Needed to come into the City game with at least a 6-8pt cushion.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Southampton was a terrible result but it was already over, pre-Citeh a draw away to us and away in a London derby isn’t the end of the world and doesn’t derail you, not that I have much sympathy :lolbron: it happened to us to us in 019 when we drew away to the Mancs and the Bitters over the course of 3 games and came second by a point :francis:

But it is what it is, that’s the landscape now, they already had that run of 1 point from 9 after the WC so were already lucky that this is a ‘down’ :mjlol: year for Citeh that they were still in this position :manny:

If you an Arsenal fan you would hope that this is a learning lesson and they kick on and is the start like it was with us and they come back hungrier next season. I’m not one of these Pool fans that was rooting against them like some, couldn’t care who won out of the 2 but I’d be lying if there wasn’t a part of me that gets some enjoyment out of it being different when it happens to you after rooting for Citeh to save the league from us the last few years :umad: Citeh win is meaningless and hollow as ever so we good over here :whew:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
yup we should have been 6 points better off right now. the choke job isn't losing to city, it's throwing away 2-0 leads back to back on the road and then the southampton game. losing saliba was a bridge too far it seems.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
oh-lawd-have-5c68fc.jpg

"the rodri role" now :whoa:?

Makélélé or even biscuits - league smashers and world cup + european cup + champions league winners surpassed by rodri? 3-peat biscuits?

I didnt say anything about surpassing anyone. I said he redefined it. I was very intentional about that. Just like Busquets redefined the role, Rodri is doing the same thing in his own way.