Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Im making it a lifestyle from now on, not just a "diet"

But yeah up for this, share some recipes and any info for any newbies

You seeing all the shyt Jillian Michaels is saying about Keto lol

Yeah every keto youtuber and IGer I follow has been roasting her. Some of the stuff she was saying was so patently ridiculous it makes me think she did it purposely for the clapback, to keep her name relevant.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I def understand that. I can get by fasted based on my volume or I can use a few tbl spoons of natural PB to get by.

LOL I remember doing a leg session on an empty stomach. Won't make that mistake again. Surprisingly, I made it through the workout, felt good, and then about a couple hours later, it was like someone turned off a switch, and all I could do was lay down. I had swam laps after the workout too. I now know that it was probably my electrolytes being off. But it took me a couple days before I felt like myself again.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah every keto youtuber and IGer I follow has been roasting her. Some of the stuff she was saying was so patently ridiculous it makes me think she did it purposely for the clapback, to keep her name relevant.

Yeah, cool if she dont wanna do it - but she going overbaord and bashing it. Meanwhile while she sells her shyt "fat loss" pills and was practically kills those contestants on Biggest Loser

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
LOL I remember doing a leg session on an empty stomach. Won't make that mistake again. Surprisingly, I made it through the workout, felt good, and then about a couple hours later, it was like someone turned off a switch, and all I could do was lay down. I had swam laps after the workout too. I now know that it was probably my electrolytes being off. But it took me a couple days before I felt like myself again.

Yeah, legs take too much out of me lol - everything else is fine, had a great fasted Push session yesterday.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Last year there was a two week window where I did Keto. It was cool, I did have the Keto flu symptoms. I lost about 8lbs in a week.

I think the cons were the flu and the weak symptoms, the pros were I had no desire for carbs/sugar. Even with loosing over 100lbs with IF I would still indulge sometimes. Keto requires less wiggle room.

Overall I don't think I will try it again. I saw massive weight loss results with just IF, plenty of water, exercise, and eating the right things. Keto is dope if you can sustain it but its a reason keto is a DIET and IF is a lifestyle. Also when I did keto, I was still doing IF and that's important.

If you combine IF with keto from my own results you will see massive quick results. Its not water weight, you're loosing a LOT of fat. I would venture to think if you did keto/IF together for two weeks, you could probably loose 10-20lbs, once you hit ketosis with the eating intervals along with exercise equals fast results.

With my whole journey with IF, I have been able to sustain and keep the weight off for the most part by simply sticking to the IF regimen everyday.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Last year there was a two week window where I did Keto. It was cool, I did have the Keto flu symptoms. I lost about 8lbs in a week.

I think the cons were the flu and the weak symptoms, the pros were I had no desire for carbs/sugar. Even with loosing over 100lbs with IF I would still indulge sometimes. Keto requires less wiggle room.

Overall I don't think I will try it again. I saw massive weight loss results with just IF, plenty of water, exercise, and eating the right things. Keto is dope if you can sustain it but its a reason keto is a DIET and IF is a lifestyle. Also when I did keto, I was still doing IF and that's important.

If you combine IF with keto from my own results you will see massive quick results. Its not water weight, you're loosing a LOT of fat. I would venture to think if you did keto/IF together for two weeks, you could probably loose 10-20lbs, once you hit ketosis with the eating intervals along with exercise equals fast results.

With my whole journey with IF, I have been able to sustain and keep the weight off for the most part by simply sticking to the IF regimen everyday.
What's your IF window? (how many hours?)

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
What's your IF window? (how many hours?)
It really varies. But the max is about 6hrs, but sometimes its just one meal a day Or if I know that I'm going on a date the following day, I won't eat until I'm actually on the date. But a good normal window for me is about 2pm-8pm. I NEVER eat in the breakfast window. The shorter you keep your window, the better chance you have of not going over your limit for the day.

When I first started doing IF, I remember the first day was about 12 hrs and I felt like a dope fiend having withdrawals. I was shaking while i was eating because I felt so hungry. It was a lot of trial and error and figuring out my eating window working 7on7off overnight.

Its not just about eating the right things, it's also about WHEN you're eating the right things. But I also worked out a lot as well. I tried Keto has an experiment to see how i would like it. It's easy to get into ketosis with IF as well. I just think if you're morbidly obese, IF is way to go.

Before IF: 289lbs , Lowest with IF:178lbs.. And that was less than year, maybe like 9-10months. I got back up 200 just because i wanted to bulk with more muscle. It SAVED and Changed my life.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
It really varies. But the max is about 6hrs, but sometimes its just one meal a day Or if I know that I'm going on a date the following day, I won't eat until I'm actually on the date. But a good normal window for me is about 2pm-8pm. I NEVER eat in the breakfast window. The shorter you keep your window, the better chance you have of not going over your limit for the day.

When I first started doing IF, I remember the first day was about 12 hrs and I felt like a dope fiend having withdrawals. I was shaking while i was eating because I felt so hungry. It was a lot of trial and error and figuring out my eating window working 7on7off overnight.

Its not just about eating the right things, it's also about WHEN you're eating the right things. But I also worked out a lot as well. I tried Keto has an experiment to see how i would like it. It's easy to get into ketosis with IF as well. I just think if you're morbidly obese, IF is way to go.

Before IF: 289lbs , Lowest with IF:178lbs.. And that was less than year, maybe like 9-10months. I got back up 200 just because i wanted to bulk with more muscle. It SAVED and Changed my life.
That just motivated me even more. Thank u!

:salute:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Been on Omad/Keto since the 5th. Down about 12lbs of :flabbynsick: and water weight I put on during the holiday season (Oct-Jan). Right now I feel this is working well for me and keeping me accountable and from messing up anything. I'm about 193-194 now. Doing Max-OT training (4-6) reps and 30 mins of low intensity cardio most days for general health. I feel safer doing cardio than not doing it, especially being 40 and black. I will donate blood this week, so I will just eat split meals that day so I don't fall out and go back to Omad the following day.

I will try to do no re-feeds for 3 months. Not really craving anything, but naked wings and blue cheese/ranch can hold me down on cheat days if I desire one. I want to get stupid lean, then build back up cleanly back into the 200s since I'm 6ft3. Def not winning any bodybuilding championships, but I will look good for the beach. I will switch over to the Palumbo keto diet after I feel like I'm done with this phase, then I can add carbs back in slowly like he recommends during the mass phase of his diet. After that I can go back to my flexible dieting methods. Bottom line is Keto keeps my ass in check knowing I ain't going to have carbs when cutting and it's easy for me, for some others, not so much. I was on a restricted carb diet from an athlete once, carbs were so low at one point I was like what is the point? Tossed them in the bushes and just went back to Palumbo.

Last edited:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Started my once a month 48 hour fast today.:wow:

Just finished stuffing myself like a fat cow all in one meal. I literally just ate breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks within 2 hours :mjlol::mjgrin::blessed:

I'll continue eating as normal to meet my daily macros by the end of the afternoon on Friday.:manny:

I've got 4 months to go from :flabbynsick: to :pachaha:... :wow:

We're gonna do this, brehs. :banderas:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
how much carbs can I have in a keto diet
I Iike my wheat bread and butter for my morning breakfast
<50g.

Some days I went up to 100g-150g like I would in my normal dietary lifestyle when not dieting to lose weight. As long as you keep it <50g most days out of the week you'll keep losing water weight.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Been listening to 2 keto dudes podcast this week and they mentioned about the report from 2015 stating "Cholesterol in food no longer considered a "nutrient of concern" and has little effect on blood cholesterol"

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2015/02/19/health/dietary-guidelines/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Good link and report to send to people who say eating fat is bad and come with the usual unfounded stuff. Keto people have known it for years, but finally seems like getting to mainstream.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Been listening to 2 keto dudes podcast this week and they mentioned about the report from 2015 stating "Cholesterol in food no longer considered a "nutrient of concern" and has little effect on blood cholesterol"

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2015/02/19/health/dietary-guidelines/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Good link and report to send to people who say eating fat is bad and come with the usual unfounded stuff. Keto people have known it for years, but finally seems like getting to mainstream.
It's been proven by trial and error for centuries that you mainly get high cholesterol from either consuming too much of one thing no matter how "healthy" or "unhealthy" it is or if you simply consistently eat too many calories that your body cannot expend naturally.

That is why there is a saying, "you can have anything but in moderation"

Last edited: