The Official "Marvel's The Punisher" Season 1 Thread

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Episode 10

Frank did a whole body roll, picked up a dead mfer and used him as a shield to escape whilst getting clipped four times. This nikka is something else!

tenor.gif

That was sick

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Can't believe this is at 61% on RT. fukkin lames really mad cause this doesn't move at the same pace of an action movie. Smh. It's a tv series of course it's gonna take time to build up. This shyt was raw as fukk. I loved all the character build up and the action. When he was sliding billy's face on the mirror and dude was squealing like a dying pig:picard:

Jon bernthal killed it. Couldn't imagine anybody else playing this role.

It's not just the pacing, at least in the first half of the season. The writing is just really awful. And why is this Lewis Wilson plot a thing?

Bernthal is tremendous. In fact, the actors (aside from the dude playing Wilson) kept this from being an Iron Fist or Defenders-level shytshow. But after 9 episodes I can't call it good. Probably just meh. I love the character Frank Castle, but there's just not enough to his story to justify a TV show. Not unless you make it campy.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Imagine if they did not do defenders and iron fist and added their respective budgets to this and get the john wick producer's
nah, imagine if they actually tried with Iron Fist and Defenders? Iron Fist was the most mailed in bullshyt around and Defenders was an absolute dud. That Scott Buck dude better never work again.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
was there ever a wrap up with Lewis's father? did i turn my head for a second and the kid killed him or something?

the 2 main women on this show are fukkin beautiful.
I thought he ended up killing his dad but I guess not. I think after Lewis murdered the fat guy pretending to be a vet, I think that scene where Lewis and his dad were watching boxing...I think that was the last scene he did showed up in.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It's not just the pacing, at least in the first half of the season. The writing is just really awful. And why is this Lewis Wilson plot a thing?

Bernthal is tremendous. In fact, the actors (aside from the dude playing Wilson) kept this from being an Iron Fist or Defenders-level shytshow. But after 9 episodes I can't call it good. Probably just meh. I love the character Frank Castle, but there's just not enough to his story to justify a TV show. Not unless you make it campy.

:gucci:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I thought he ended up killing his dad but I guess not. I think after Lewis murdered the fat guy pretending to be a vet, I think that scene where Lewis and his dad were watching boxing...I think that was the last scene he did showed up in.
i just assumed there was a shot i turned my head of with Lewis leaving his house and you see his dad dead in the background or something. if that's not the case, that's a pretty terrible job tying that up, b/c we wasted some time with those characters

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Yoooo this series was dope as shyt. The brutality, the plot twists, the storyline. Everytime Punisher went on a massacre killing spree I was getting hype. Especially at how sick some of those kills were. I like this more than Daredevil (which I thought was really good) and put it neck and neck with Luke Cage. Might be slightly better than Luke Cage too. Either way, all three of them shows make the Defenders look like complete garbage.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I the only one :dead: at the knife scene with Frank and the kid?

Frank with the :demonic:swag then IMMEDIATELY realizing he went too far:mjlol:

Had the :why: face while he was hugging him like "wtf is wrong with me man?:what:"

5 min later he outside playing catch with him:deadmanny:

"ATTA BOY...GOOD CATCH:obama:"
"MY MAN:obama: GOOD ARM!!"

Frank KNEW he fukked up:dead::dead::dead:

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not done yet but the one thing I give this show credit for is it's not afraid to kill off characters. That's the sign of a great show (not saying it's great). But it's a common theme in great shows. The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad just to name a few.