The Official "Marvel's The Punisher" Season 1 Thread

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
that's the folks that keep hoping Frank fights big tittied male russians in dresses and punches polar bears.

I’m not going to front, I would to see Frank put a grenade in that midgets mouth and bake her in the oven. That scene was too wild in the comics.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
2 more things then Ima fall back......

I'm confused about the death of Frank's family.....
According to his appearance in Daredevil Season 2 and the first episode of Punisher his family was killed in a Drug Deal gone bad, however as the Punisher Season progressed they say his family was killed by the military as part of cover up. :patrice: Someone clue me in what am I missing?? Which one is it??

Also I was thinking how most of these Marvel Netflix series have a theme... but I'm kinda lost on what was the theme for DD:S2 and Puddy Palm
Help me out if I didn't peg the themes right.... :jbhmm:

DD Season 1: Catholic Guilt
Jessica Jones: Female Sexual Assault and Abuse
DD Season 2: ??? :yeshrug:
Luke Cage: Inner City Politcs and Corruptness
Puddy Palm: Peak Spoiled Caucasity :ld:
Punisher: Military/Political Corruptness, Veteran Neglect and Mistreatment

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished this, probably the longest time I have had to take to finish a Netflix marvel series. Part busyness part the 2nd,3rd and 4th episode being a chore. Yeah we got vital details to the story but the road there was so bare and exhibited what I hate about Netflix shows. But when the action came it almost made up for it.

Jon berthal brought it, can't fault him but this isn't like any punisher I have seen. Perhaps I am too use the show 'shooter' but he didn't seem like a sharpshooter. He also wasn't that much of "an azz" with a heart. Wasn't this cool badazz either. Spoke a little too much, needed a little too much help and was well likeable, that's not punisher..

Did not feel like a superhero show (yeah I know Frank isnt) felt like shooter meets 24 or something.

Was not a fan of the cop, horrible intro and the actress was so so.
she should have died. It would have been sad but it would make her character heroic, having her be shot in the head only to be functional 3 days later just looked like overkill. Might as well just have given her a flesh wound
Her partner was practically a non entity until
his death
which was well acted..I am glad the series didn't honour the usual trope of killing black ppl but Curtis should have committed that
after that snot nosed kid beat him with his leg
Speaking of which his story started out great but went OTT out of nowhere..

The villains were great especially rawlins (didn't think the actor had it in him). Dorian grey plays baddies well but I just feel he lacked a certain gravitas it's weird.

Micro and his family were good additions that could have been corny

All in all it was a good series which was helped by the way it ended, they opened strong and ended strong, leaves a good lasting impression. Just wish there was more comic book references

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Beginning was fire then every thing after until "gunner" was when I thought this series was a struggle and I almost lost hope. Then towards the end it went out in a BANG! I give this an 7.5/10. One of the best in the series along with pt1 of DD S2.
Fixed for accuracy

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
I thought this would be better

I thought the story line sucked and the actress playing the homeland security agent was boring. Plus we didn't even get a chance to see no titties :damn:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
2 more things then Ima fall back......
I'm confused about the death of Frank's family.....
According to his appearance in Daredevil Season 2 and the first episode of Punisher his family was killed in a Drug Deal gone bad, however as the Punisher Season progressed they say his family was killed by the military as part of cover up. :patrice: Someone clue me in what am I missing?? Which one is it??

Also I was thinking how most of these Marvel Netflix series have a theme... but I'm kinda lost on what was the theme for DD:S2 and Puddy Palm
Help me out if I didn't peg the themes right.... :jbhmm:

DD Season 1: Catholic Guilt
Jessica Jones: Female Sexual Assault and Abuse
DD Season 2: ??? :yeshrug:
Luke Cage: Inner City Politcs and Corruptness
Puddy Palm: Peak Spoiled Caucasity :ld:
Punisher: Military/Political Corruptness, Veteran Neglect and Mistreatment

I'm thinking
The DA called the hit for the drug deal in DDS2 due to knowing the Blacksmith and his crew would be making a deal with a gang. While not knowing dudes was in the military.

Meanwhile Frank old crew thought he was the snitch and wanted to take him out. My guess is the DA soul purpose was the gang and knew nada about the military dealing heroin. Then Frank family was an aimed hit for the military at the same damn time. :yeshrug:. All hell broke loose, she ordered the DNR once the shooting was tied to her operation that a family was gunned down and a shooting at a park.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Not done yet but the one thing I give this show credit for is it's not afraid to kill off characters. That's the sign of a great show (not saying it's great). But it's a common theme in great shows. The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad just to name a few.
:dwillhuh:
Russo, madani, Curtis, micro/and his family were all in near death situations and lived
who did they kill that took balls?:why: