Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:youngsabo:

IRON FIST TV Series Will Feature 'Shang-Chi'

IRON FIST TV Series Will Feature 'Shang-Chi'
131705.jpg
Some fans were disappointed that Marvel and Netflix cast the whiter-than white Finn Jones to play Danny Rand in their Iron Fist TV series, but it seems the show will be getting a prominent Asian character in the form of the Master of Kung Fu himself, Shang-Chi. More past the jump...

VdZUzFQ.jpg

For a long time Marvel fans have wondered if they'd ever get to see Shang-Chi adapted for the screen, and according to MCU Exchange and That Hashtag Show, it's finally going to happen.

In the video report below, they claim the Master of Kung Fu will be introduced at some point during Netflix's Iron Fist series, which we now know will star Game Of Thrones' Finn Jones in the lead role of Danny Rand.

Shang-Chi has remained a second tier, but very popular character over the years, teaming with the likes of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and most recently The Avengers. He also played a significant role in the Daredevil "Shadowland" arc that many speculate will form the basis for the story we'll see when The Defenders eventually assemble.

Apparently Marvel and Netflix "are exclusively auditioning males of Asian descent" for the role - though part of me would love to witness the internet meltdown if they cast Scott Adkins or something (just kidding).

What do you guys think of this news? Excited to see Shang-Chi join the ranks of Marvel's Netflix universe on Iron Fist?

They should just say fukkit and bring in Shen Kuei, The Cat.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I don't know much about Iron Fist besides he's Cage's partner. In the comics is he originally of Asian descent or was he always white??

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
They better come correct with that mysticism shyt because Dr. Strange is about to warp the game come November :wow:

I don't like the actor's face right off the bat. Reminds me of the dude that plays Marco Polo from the series. Hopefully there are strong supporting characters like Kublai and Hunnid Eyes:francis: