Daps
Reppin
Behind You
5B6oW0R.jpg

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

Comiccon and Marvel feeding us tonight :wow::feedme:

This was the best trailer. Only 40 seconds but tells you how they're going to the handle the character and show.

The origin and mysticism will be seen as a part of his imagination and as delusions.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

You can never have too much Misty Knight, and now you don’t have to. The head of Marvel Television confirmed that the superpowered martial artist, played by Simone Missick, doesn’t just have a big role in Netflix’s Luke Cage, but also in the upcoming Iron Fist.

Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb told The Hollywood Reporter that Misty is going to be a regular presence on both series. Misty Knight, a detective with martial arts skills, was introduced in the 1970s as a sort-of representation of the blaxploitation trend. After she got injured on the job, Tony Stark made her a bionic arm that gave her super strength.

The news makes sense, since Misty was romantically involved with both Luke Cage and Danny Rand (Iron Fist). But it might also be because Missick is getting so much praise as the character. In fact, she got more applause than Luke Cage star Mike Colter during their San Diego Comic-Con panel.

“I was completely surprised, I will say that,” Missick told The Hollywood Reporter. “I was blown away at the audience. I mean, really?! I never imagined it.”

Given how much screen time Misty is going to be getting on Netflix, and how much people seem to be loving Missick so far, wouldn’t it make sense for her just to get her own show? Loeb said he liked the idea, but wasn’t sure that Netflix would be down to add yet another series.

“A lot of it has to do with exactly how many shows Netflix is actually going to let us make. We’re up to six now,” Loeb said. “We have to be careful that we’re not becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix.”

Luke Cage debuts on Netflix Sept. 30. Iron Fist doesn’t have a release date yet, but it could be March or April 2017.