The Official Netflix Marvel's "Iron Fist" Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think I have ever seen dude in anything but GoT and he has never made much of an impression with me in the role of Loras.:manny:
I always thought if they were going to go with a white dude that either Wilson Bethel or Gam Gigandet would have been perfect choices since they both look a lot like the character does in the comics.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
It'd be dope if Shang Chi was a supporting character though.

:youngsabo:

IRON FIST TV Series Will Feature 'Shang-Chi'

131705.jpg
Some fans were disappointed that Marvel and Netflix cast the whiter-than white Finn Jones to play Danny Rand in their Iron Fist TV series, but it seems the show will be getting a prominent Asian character in the form of the Master of Kung Fu himself, Shang-Chi. More past the jump...

VdZUzFQ.jpg

For a long time Marvel fans have wondered if they'd ever get to see Shang-Chi adapted for the screen, and according to MCU Exchange and That Hashtag Show, it's finally going to happen.

In the video report below, they claim the Master of Kung Fu will be introduced at some point during Netflix's Iron Fist series, which we now know will star Game Of Thrones' Finn Jones in the lead role of Danny Rand.

Shang-Chi has remained a second tier, but very popular character over the years, teaming with the likes of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and most recently The Avengers. He also played a significant role in the Daredevil "Shadowland" arc that many speculate will form the basis for the story we'll see when The Defenders eventually assemble.

Apparently Marvel and Netflix "are exclusively auditioning males of Asian descent" for the role - though part of me would love to witness the internet meltdown if they cast Scott Adkins or something (just kidding).

What do you guys think of this news? Excited to see Shang-Chi join the ranks of Marvel's Netflix universe on Iron Fist?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:youngsabo:

131705.jpg
Some fans were disappointed that Marvel and Netflix cast the whiter-than white Finn Jones to play Danny Rand in their Iron Fist TV series, but it seems the show will be getting a prominent Asian character in the form of the Master of Kung Fu himself, Shang-Chi. More past the jump...

VdZUzFQ.jpg

For a long time Marvel fans have wondered if they'd ever get to see Shang-Chi adapted for the screen, and according to MCU Exchange and That Hashtag Show, it's finally going to happen.

In the video report below, they claim the Master of Kung Fu will be introduced at some point during Netflix's Iron Fist series, which we now know will star Game Of Thrones' Finn Jones in the lead role of Danny Rand.

Shang-Chi has remained a second tier, but very popular character over the years, teaming with the likes of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and most recently The Avengers. He also played a significant role in the Daredevil "Shadowland" arc that many speculate will form the basis for the story we'll see when The Defenders eventually assemble.

Apparently Marvel and Netflix "are exclusively auditioning males of Asian descent" for the role - though part of me would love to witness the internet meltdown if they cast Scott Adkins or something (just kidding).

What do you guys think of this news? Excited to see Shang-Chi join the ranks of Marvel's Netflix universe on Iron Fist?

Marvel stay feedin me :blessed:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Marvel's 'Iron Fist' casts 'The Force Awakens' actress in lead role
Nymeria-Sand-Official-HBO.jpg

Marvel’s Iron Fist has found its female lead – and she’s also from HBO’s Game of Thrones!

Jessica Henwick has landed the coveted role of martial arts expert Colleen Wing in the Netflix series. A martial arts expert running her own dojo, Colleen will serve as an invaluable ally to Iron Fist, aka Danny Rand (Finn Jones), as he returns to his life in New York.

On Thrones, Henwick plays one of the Sand Snakes (the whip-cracking Nymeria Sand). She also had a role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens as X-Wing fighter pilot Jessika Pava. Previously, Henwick starred in the 2010 U.K. series Spirit Warriors, which was considered the first British TV series with a predominately East Asian cast. In the Marvel comics, her Iron Fist character is a saumari who first appears in Marvel Premiere #19 as one of Danny’s first friends after he left K’un-L’un.

Henwick is the second person – and second Thrones actor – cast in the upcoming action drama. Jones plays the imprisoned knight Ser Loras Tyrell on the HBO drama.

Iron Fist will open with billionaire Rand returning to New York City after being missing for years: “He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.” Iron Fist will mark the fourth Marvel and Netflix collaboration after Daredevil,Jessica Jones and the upcoming Luke Cage, and is from showrunner Scott Buck (Dexter). No premiere date has yet been set.
tumblr_o4z6ifYrqd1s5zf6fo2_r1_540.jpg

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am stoked that Colleen Wing is in the series but as the female lead? Misty is usually the female lead for Iron fist and Colleen is just a homie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought they were bumping up Rosario Dawson's Claire Temple in the Cage series...they even cast her mom.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
‘90210’ Alum Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey Join Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ (EXCLUSIVE)
“90210” alum Jessica Stroup has been cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist” on Netflix, Variety has learned exclusively. Tom Pelphrey (“Banshee,” “Guiding Light”) has also been cast in the upcoming superhero series.

Stroup will play the series regular role of Joy Meachum. Pelphrey will play her on-screen brother, Ward Meachum.

The duo joins the title star Finn Jones (“Game of Thrones”), who will play Danny Rand/Iron Fist; Jessica Henwick, who will co-star as Colleen Wing; and David Wenham, who will play Harold Meachum, the father to Joy (Stroup) and Ward (Pelphrey).

The children of Harold Meachum (Wenham), Joy and Ward have spent their lives building Rand Enterprises to its current standing in the world, only to have all their work put in jeopardy when Danny returns to claim his birthright. They are childhood acquaintances of Danny Rand’s who now play an important role in Rand Enterprises.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” follows Jones’ Danny Rand as he returns to New York City after being missing for years. He fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist. “Dexter” alum Scott Buck will serve as showrunner.

Stroup and Pelphrey are the final two series regulars to be cast in “Marvel’s Iron Fist.”

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
found all my Iron Fist joints on one of my external HDs
gonna try and get re-familiarized
going thru the Doctor Strange ones too