The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
First LUKE CAGE Set Photos Feature The Netflix Series' Villains 'Cottonmouth' And 'Mariah Dillard'
First LUKE CAGE Set Photos Feature The Netflix Series' Villains 'Cottonmouth' And 'Mariah Dillard'
125125.jpg
Following all the casting news surrounding Marvel and Netflix's Luke Cage series, we finally have some photos from the set in New York City, where stars Mahershala Ali (Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes) and Alfre Woodard (Mariah Dillard) have been spotted. Check it out!
Follow DCMarvelFreshman:

By DCMarvelFreshman - 9/16/2015

A29eOyp.png

The folks over at Coming Soon have got a hold of the first photos from the production of Luke Cage, Marvel's third standalone Netflix series leading up to the Defenders team-up. Following yesterday's confirmation that Alfre Woodard will be portraying local Harlem politician Mariah Dillard, both she and actor Mahershala Ali, who plays her cousin and fellow Luke Cage rival Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes, have been spotted on the set in New York City, New York. Check out the photos below!

AlWh4fb.jpg

TZCKWrQ.jpg

KINZcf9.jpg

umIKuJ1.jpg

jDYWQh3.jpg

After a sabotaged experiment leaves him with super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage (Mike Colter) becomes a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city--forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.

Starring Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Mahershala Ali (Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes), Rosario Dawson (Claire Temple ), Simone Missick (Misty Knight ), Theo Rossi (Alvarez), and Alfre Woodard (Mariah Dillard), Marvel's Luke Cage is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix, and will premiere in 2016 with Cheo Hodari Coker serving as the showrunner.

Source: ComingSoon.net
marshalala looks sharp and dapper but he ain't no cottonmouth

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Leaked info from a Reddit user

I work for a music sync company and we recently had this description come through for music needed in an episode of Luke Cage.

"Luke Cage is written by Cheo Coker (Ray Donovan, Southland) and the first two episodes are being directed by Paul McGuigan (Sherlock Pilot, Scandal Pilot). Played by Mike Colter, it is the story of a bulletproof, super-powered man on the run from the law who, despite his checkered past, can’t help but become a hero. We like to say it's all Marvel but closer in tone to The Wire.

TONE: Luke Cage is a dark, yet vibrantly kinetic world with cinematic scope -- SHAFT meets CITY OF GOD. The music is hip-hop in all its bombast and complexity, a living, breathing character in the show, with song choices ranging from the instantly recognizable classics to the fresh, next big thing. This unique tone will be the backdrop as we tell the story of a superpowered escaped convict at war with himself, who sets up shop in a community at war with itself. Marvel represents family entertainment. Our series will never show tobacco smoking or drugs. We are PG-16, never rated R.

SETTING: The Harlem of right now. A patchwork of brick-and-mortar history and a highrise future. Predominantly Black, the area is nevertheless a mosh pit of income brackets and ethnicities. Our hero, LUKE CAGE, moves in several worlds – he lives above a Chinese restaurant, and works for cash at a beloved barbershop by day. At night, he’s a dishwasher at a slick, gangster-owned nightclub. Within these different worlds Luke will notice a pattern: Harlem is plagued by crime, corruption, and gangsters, and needs a hero.

THEMES: Identity. Power. Manhood. Who is Luke Cage? Is he the escaped con that just wants to be left alone, or is he railing against his destiny to become a hero and better his community? Over the course of season one, Luke will grow into the hero we've been waiting for.

Luke Cage is the third of five Marvel premium Netflix series. It’s a dark, grounded, adult, premium cable show. Luke is one of Marvel’s most iconic “street-level” superheroes, with his origins going back to the early 1970’s, and he’s a huge fan-favorite."

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not rated R tho... :dahell: if you want to come close to that daredevil level you gotta up your game... PG-16?!?!? :comeon:

I like the description tho. Sounds real good. :ehh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I like what I'm hearing but the tone of The Wire my be a bit heavy handed. The Wire was about something very specific the drug war/Baltimore. It sometimes went to 'message!' territory with the monologues and such. Not sure that would serve Luke Cage/a comicbook based show well.
Not rated R tho... :dahell: if you want to come close to that daredevil level you gotta up your game... PG-16?!?!? :comeon:

I think Daredevil is on some PG-16 shyt. Was there any gratuitous nudity over the top cursing? I don't recall that.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I like what I'm hearing but the tone of The Wire my be a bit heavy handed. The Wire was about something very specific the drug war/Baltimore. It sometimes went to 'message!' territory with the monologues and such. Not sure that would serve Luke Cage/a comicbook based show well.

I think Daredevil is on some PG-16 shyt. Was there any gratuitous nudity over the top cursing? I don't recall that.

Yeah man but that violence, was just..... :gladbron::banderas:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps

yea that whole smoking thing had me like :dahell: wasn't there coke in DD :dahell:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
yea that whole smoking thing had me like :dahell: wasn't there coke in DD :dahell:

Man there was all types of shyt. remember kingpin had that old lady killed by a heroin junkie, matt fed him that syringe and shyt. i was like that nikka half past dead in that shythole crackhouse...

:heh: