The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
^^could've found a darker chick imo :manny: but she's solid....hopefully her acting is better
I agree, the trend of lightening black heroines continues unfortunately. If foxy Brown was created today and grier was age appropriate perhaps shed miss out for being too tanned for the part:martin:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Marvel's LUKE CAGE Adds Mahershala Ali As Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes
124754.jpg

Marvel's third Netflix series Luke Cage has found one of its villains in House Of Cards& Hunger Games: Mockingjay actor Mahershala Ali. He'll join the series as Cottonmouth and prove to be a real thorn in Power Man's unbreakable side. Come check it out!
Follow Rohan:

By Rohan Patel - 9/3/2015

Marvel's Luke Cage has added another villain to make trouble for Mike Colter's Power Man when his series premieres on Netflix next year.

Earlier today, the studio announced that the show has added Mahershala Ali (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay; House Of Cards) as Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes. This iteration of the character is described as a Harlem nightclub owner, who will become an unexpected foe in Cage's life after his criminal ongoings begin to threaten Luke's world.

Ali joins a cast that already features Colter (Jessica Jones) as the titular hero, Simone Missick (Ray Donovan) as Misty Knight, Alfre Woodard (12 Years A Slave) as Black Mariah, Theo Rossi (Sons Of Anarchy) as Shades, and Rosario Dawson(Daredevil) as Claire Temple. Cheo Hodari Coker(Ray Donovan) is serving as showrunner/executive producer and will also write the series' first two episodes.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Marvel's LUKE CAGE Adds Mahershala Ali As Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes
124754.jpg

Marvel's third Netflix series Luke Cage has found one of its villains in House Of Cards& Hunger Games: Mockingjay actor Mahershala Ali. He'll join the series as Cottonmouth and prove to be a real thorn in Power Man's unbreakable side. Come check it out!
Follow Rohan:

By Rohan Patel - 9/3/2015

Marvel's Luke Cage has added another villain to make trouble for Mike Colter's Power Man when his series premieres on Netflix next year.

Earlier today, the studio announced that the show has added Mahershala Ali (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay; House Of Cards) as Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes. This iteration of the character is described as a Harlem nightclub owner, who will become an unexpected foe in Cage's life after his criminal ongoings begin to threaten Luke's world.

Ali joins a cast that already features Colter (Jessica Jones) as the titular hero, Simone Missick (Ray Donovan) as Misty Knight, Alfre Woodard (12 Years A Slave) as Black Mariah, Theo Rossi (Sons Of Anarchy) as Shades, and Rosario Dawson(Daredevil) as Claire Temple. Cheo Hodari Coker(Ray Donovan) is serving as showrunner/executive producer and will also write the series' first two episodes.
would have preferred a bokeem woodbine or someone with a lil more "street" in em. Given the source material this cast is looking all kinds of wrong shades of black :martin:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mahershala Ali is a really good actor so I am cool with him being added to the cast.
I am hoping the chick they announced as possibly being Misty Knight is actually someone else. Maybe she will be Reva Connors, the chick that caused the rift between Cage and Diamondback.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused. Isn't Jessica Jones Luke Cage's girl? What's with these other love interests?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm confused. Isn't Jessica Jones Luke Cage's girl? What's with these other love interests?
This a serious question? Just because a comic book character has a Main Love Interest that he eventually ends up with, doesn't mean he doesn't have other love interests.

Peter Parker/Spider-Man has several love interests in the comics other than Mary Jane, for example. On "Arrow", Oliver has multiple love interests other than Laurel.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Luke Cage had a few major love interests before Jessica Jones:

Reva Connors
j0UHjVT.jpg

Luke and Reva were an item but his best friend Willis Stryker wanted Reva for himself so he set Luke up and moved in one her while Luke was in prison.

Claire Temple
QcPSP6A.jpg

Dr. Claire Temple (who happens to be the ex-wife of black Giant Man, Bill Foster) started dating Luke after she tended to some injuries he incurred. They broke up because she couldn't handle his dangerous lifestyle.

Harmony Young
fqF2fV4.jpg

Harmony was a rich socialite and fashion model who Cage dated for the majority of the run of the Power Man & Iron FIst comic. She was also Misty Knight's roommate. They broke up when Luke went underground after he was accused of killing Iron Fist.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My bad homie. Have never read the comics. My understanding was Jessica Jones was Luke Cage's wifey. Didn't know he was in a bunch of cookie jars.