The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
But what was the motive for killing her out of the blue though:patrice:

He put Nicole's two sisters through college, he hooked her father up with a corporate job with Hertz and from what I understand he was very generous with Nicole's mom.

You have to remember, OJ was 29 when he met Nicole (she was a waitress), Nicole was 18 years. OJ ended up leaving his wife and kids for her and gave Nicole and her family a life of luxury.

OJ had already been divorced from Nicole two years on the night of the killings, he paid her a $500,000 lump sump as part of the divorce settlement and he also had to pay her $10,000 a month in child support. He always assumed Nicole was using the child support money to hold her family down...so that made him more angry when Nicole has dudes that are driving around in his cars, in which he's probably still making payments on.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I am on the side that he clearly committed the murders, ordered another book with a really good crime scene analysis, it's strictly an examination of the facts, and just a chapter.... not based all around OJ Simpson, and the media frenzy that surrounded the arrest, and the trial. 'Journey Into Darkness', by former FBO profiler John Douglas, whose work has always been really on point to me. I will maybe post on that after I read it.

Another theory, which I also believe to be true, that I have heard since the mid 90's, even from my Dad, was that OJ was on coke, or crystal meth the night of the killings, and had been using heavily some time prior to the incident. This is further documented in the book High Concept, about the spiral of Don Simpson, another famed LA drug addict (the producer behind The Rock, Beverley Hills Cop, etc), it focuses on a drug dealer who was providing people in those circles with their product, claims he met Kato and OJ in a Burger King parking lot that night.

I think that really brings it all together....it's comedic in a sense, OJ coked out of his mind, livid and lovesick about Nicole, wearing all black sneaking around the neighborhood, lurking in the bushes....

OJ's close friend Mike GIlbert claims that OJ was prescribed Prozac in the May before the killings. OJ is also on record stating he took prescription medications around the time of the murder and the reason he had a gun to his head was because he was on the medication for only a month and according to OJ, when you first start taking Prozac to treat depression, it actually makes you more depressed for the first few months until the drugs has had a chance to stabilize into the blood stream.

If you want I can post the interview where OJ speaks to this, but you're going to have to wait until I leave work.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I've shared some things about my life on here, but I wouldn't assume you would have read it....At risk of repeating myself, I did coke for years as a teenager, daily, up to a few grams a day when I was about 18.....I have been around it my whole life, never did crystal....Point being, it is incredibly possible, and I think probable, for OJ to have been high, he may appear distracted, disorganized, sweaty lol but nothing that would prevent him from taking a limo ride and boarding a plane....The kind of savagery seen in the murders....says cocaine or stimulant use...OJ had a history of cocaine use, as did Nicole. I can see crystal working it's way into the Hollywood circle, losers like Kato would find it cheaper and more effective the coke. The coke would just amplify his rage, his anger, his temper, also push him slightly past the point of thinking about, vs. doing it.....coke lowers your inhibitions, like alcohol, gives you confidence, euphoria, a few lines of coke before carrying out a murder or something similar, is the perfect drug, honestly. A few shots and a couple lines. I think the drugs are important, because it goes to state of mind....it goes to pushing him past the point of anger, and into action. This could be something he had been thinking about or planning, possibly while drunk/high/combination for weeks, or months before. He may not have planned to murder both, I think it's likely he didn't.....but he planned something. Black leather gloves and a wool cap? Or it could be he threw it all into action that night.

That is just like an addendum to, what I think, is a certainty that he committed the murders....I have NEVER seen someone with a respectable background in law enforcement put forth a counter theory...I have seen the, what I consider, laughable theories involving the mafia, drug dealers, hitman, and the Jason Simpson theory, all of which are based solely on circumstantial 'evidence'....No one with a serious grasp of Mafia of organized crime would think these murders were committed by a hitman....This is a crime of passion, rage, jealousy anger, obsession....

OJ's excuse for failing the lie detector test is because he dreamt about killing Nicole.

Source: How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know the general consensus here but this show isn't anything special IMO

Of course the story itself is interesting but nothing about the story telling, acting, writing, production is particularly great to me. It's average and I'll continue watching but :ld:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Didn't OJ say "If only she hadn't come to the door with that knife she'd still be alive"

But they had to throw it out?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't know the general consensus here but this show isn't anything special IMO

Of course the story itself is interesting but nothing about the story telling, acting, writing, production is particularly great to me. It's average and I'll continue watching but :ld:

I lean closer to this than to the reviews calling it great. It's more interesting than good.

I like the behind the scenes stuff in the DAs office and the defense team, but any of the scenes with OJ are pretty rough.

Also, people calling him "Juice" is super awkward to me lol. And too much of the casting feels like stunt casting.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

I lean closer to this than to the reviews calling it great. It's more interesting than good.

I like the behind the scenes stuff in the DAs office and the defense team, but any of the scenes with OJ are pretty rough.

Also, people calling him "Juice" is super awkward to me lol. And too much of the casting feels like stunt casting.
I said it before and I'll say it again

Nobody is watching this for any of that stuff

This is pure fukkery. Read through the thread. Everything is jokes. It's so bad it's funny. Like every other show on fx. Ever seen sons of anarchy or American horror story (this is a spin off of that)

I can't even wait for the Katrina fukkery. The bush fukkery. The lil Wayne cameos. The black mayor fukkery.

You gotta watch this as a comedy

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is pure fukkery. Read through the thread. Everything is jokes. It's so bad it's funny. Like every other show on fx. Ever seen sons of anarchy or American horror story (this is a spin off of that)

I can't even wait for the Katrina fukkery. The bush fukkery. The lil Wayne cameos. The black mayor fukkery.

Reviews were placing it on the level of some of the great dramas out there right now, quality wise, it's just not there.

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Americans and Fargo are 2 of the best dramas going right now.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY

Yeah this isn't empire level fukkery but the fukkery is there and it's just great seeing the behind the scenes stuff. Anytime they have the kardashians on as kids it's takes me right out of it tho:snoop:

Cochran, Darden, Dershowitz and Shapiro were perfectly casted I'm watching strictly for them and when they get into key shyt with the case like Furman and the bloody glove:lolbron:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
People calling this show fukkery and what not aren't getting it. This whole case is pure fukkery. You can't write the shyt that actually happned, it's that good. From the murders, to the chase, to the trial, furhman, dream team, fong, ito, the gloves the racial tension. This show is taking itself serious, the casting is suspect but it's a serious take, aside from obvious Kardashian crap. But the real life ordeal is fukkery on a million trillion.